Eaves tile correction - help required

kestrel

I should have said "firring strips" bloody autocorrect.

A tilting fillet is similar, but usually just order one course at the eaves and can cause a sudden change in pitch. A tilting fillet will serve a similar function to the wooden shims you tried, but will still mean the tiles are too flat.

A firring strip extends up 4 battens usually which is why I said 400mm and changes the pitch gradually.

A rule of thumb I always work to is if I want to gain 1mm eaves height, the firring strip should be at least 8-10mm, but always at least 4 courses to make it gradual.

I think firring strips are also known as sprockets. I will try and find a proper technical explanation and drawing link

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

thats what I described before, but they should go under the felt otherwise the same pooling behind the facia will occur.

Yes definitely under the "felt"

There's no way to solve the problem quickly easily and correctly!

Thanks for the advice guys.

I came across this product which might get me out of having to strip everything and cut down/refit right away

https://www.permavent.co.uk/products/plain-easy/

looks very much like a eurocell eaves protector with most of the lip cut off and fitted upside down

going to try a couple of runs on the first few courses where the tile pitch is affected and see if it helps buy me some time until the weather improves and i can do a proper job of it.

Edited by kestrel

23 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Still got to support the underfelt to prevent pooling though

Yep

23 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Looks promising, would you use it under first row and on top of first and second to be sure?

Undecided at the moment. Instructions say to fit the eaves course as normal then fit the protector to the batten for the first full sized tile and each full tile batten thereafter

That will ensure the top of the eaves course and the top of  first full course above the eaves are covered.

Ill do a test fit on the very first batten and see how it affects the eaves tiles then decide

• Thanks 1