Mind blown ?

Coffeehouse

Hi

I previously put a post in regarding a change of use regarding an agricultural building and just want to ask more advice. 

We are in a plot of 3 houses consisting of farm house.... Converted barn and now a newly converted agricultural build.  The people who have the newest build are the one looking to change the use of another newly built agricultural building.

The application is in, but this time even though it states their current address and the land they own, the application is under the farm house address (never their property) The farmhouse therefore never got notification of the change of use or neighbour notification. 

Why would you do that, and is it legal... I'm baffled. 

Is the barn they are wishing to convert next to the farmhouse? I ask this as we have land next to a house we previously owned but now has new owners but when we applied for pp the address of the land was ‘land at *****’ ,it was just a way of identifying the land. Also are you certain that the owners of the farmhouse never got neighbour notification because when we applied for pp for our current house which is in the garden of the house we lived in at the time we received neighbour notification for our own application, so our address on the application was xxyy, the address of the plot was xxyy and we still received a neighbour notification.

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Perhaps the building in in the curtilage of the original farmhouse.

Do they post a planning notice near to the property?

You seem to be getting very vexed by this.  What negative impact will it have on you?

No no pink sign up. 

And yes I would say it is in the curtilage, however the previous application to have it erected was under a different address again. 

10 minutes ago, Coffeehouse said:

Arrh I see.  It is infront of... However the planning for the building to be erected was in a different address again.  The converted barn not the farm house. 

They definitely didn't get notice or are not  the neighbour notification list either. 

It’s up to the owners of the farmhouse then to inform the lpa that they didn’t receive a notification however this will only generate a notification being sent to them. You could also look at it this way, you don’t want a heap of horse manure next to you so another house would be preferable?

Edited by recoveringbuilder
Add information

10 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Perhaps the building in in the curtilage of the original farmhouse.

Do they post a planning notice near to the property?

You seem to be getting very vexed by this.  What negative impact will it have on you?

Ohh lots of historical loop holes to get planning and this new one right on my door so it would effect us. 

Just would like people to be honest about their intentions, then if planning granted then its a fair system.  When applications go in for agricultural buildings then before even completed stables are in.  Happy with stables. Don't have an issue. Juat be honest on applications otherwise people get nervous about an end game. 

3 minutes ago, recoveringbuilder said:

It’s up to the owners of the farmhouse then to inform the lpa that they didn’t receive a notification however this will only generate a notification being sent to them. You could also look at it this way, you don’t want a heap of horse manure next to you so another house would be preferable?

Not when it looks like  a carrs billington shop ?.... 

I think you need to get it in your head what the end game is and see how you feel about it. 

Lets say the end game is to apply to convert it into a house. 

How does that grab you, doesn’t matter how they went about it, what are your feelings if it happened. 

You then have a few choices. 

Live with it 

move

fight it all the way. 

We have recently fought ought and won a case against a neighbour who was trying to set up a commercial enterprise, it cost a lot of neighbours a lot of time and money to fight him, but in the end we won. 

We estimate he lost £70,80000 fighting us. 

Work out what it means to you and take the appropriate action. 

46 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I think you need to get it in your head what the end game is and see how you feel about it. 

Lets say the end game is to apply to convert it into a house. 

How does that grab you, doesn’t matter how they went about it, what are your feelings if it happened. 

You then have a few choices. 

Live with it 

move

fight it all the way. 

We have recently fought ought and won a case against a neighbour who was trying to set up a commercial enterprise, it cost a lot of neighbours a lot of time and money to fight him, but in the end we won. 

We estimate he lost £70,80000 fighting us. 

Work out what it means to you and take the appropriate action. 

Your right.   Good advice x