Black bath

Pocster

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

This is apparently what we are having!

Trying to find it or something very similar cheaper!!!

https://www.victorianbathrooms4u.com/baths/type/freestanding/charlotte-edwards-grosvenor-1650mm-freestanding-bath/

This?

https://www.bathshop321.com/voda-design-duke-acrylic-freestanding-bath-1600mm/?

• Thanks 1

We went for a Japanese soaking bathtub (I was very opposed at first, but...), and I SOOO love it! It's roomy. It's exceptionally easy to get in and out (with problem knee that's important). It actually covers you up to the neck with no bits sticking out and getting cold.

Will never go again for a standard long bath in my life :) black or white :)

IMG-1499.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

To be fair, I’m not the racing snake that I was at one time ?

My problem is the bath is free-standing and I have the taps free standing also which pushes it away from the wall and then it starts to encroach on the WC.

Think I need to stick WC on wall temporarily too see how much width I've got ( answers on a postcode, I have a lot of width ! )

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

Just now, pocster said:

My problem is the bath is free-standing and I have the taps free standing also which pushes it away from the wall and then it starts to encroach on the WC.

Think I need to stick WC on wall temporarily too see how much width I've got ( answers on a postcode, I have a lot of width ! )

Time to create a mock up.... to see how much of your width you can comfortably use without affecting your toileting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

We went for a Japanese soaking bathtub (I was very opposed at first, but...), and I SOOO love it! It's roomy. It's exceptionally easy to get in and out (with problem knee that's important). It actually covers you up to the neck with no bits sticking out and getting cold.

IMG-1499.jpg

Is this square then as opposed to long? 

7 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

IMG-1499.jpg

What's up with the toilet? It seems wonky , did @Onoff install it?

Edited by pocster

7 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

IMG-1499.jpg

What is going on with the ski jump bog!?? 

love that back wall by the way :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@recoveringbuilder it is, yes. The one we've got is a Duo Plus https://www.omnitub.co.uk/products/omnitub-duo-plus and it's 750mm in its narrowest part. HWMBO actually drove 3hrs out into the depth of Somerset last year to  their warehouse and sat in each bathtub they had on display, and could not pack him back into the car - he was so enjoying himself. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

It’s probably worth dropping into b&q or some other show room and sit in the different width baths. We put a 750 in and now only my daughter uses it as it feels too small to be luxurious. 

It's not a bigger bath you need it's a diet  ?

The toilet is a TOTO washlet. Again, too much travel puts fancy ideas in your head! It's bloody expensive but again once you try it - a regular toilet feels like a torture rack in a cold dungeon :)

A bit of a complex installation as it requires additional water supply and an electricity supply. Remote control is mounted in this case on the vanity unit side.

• Like 1

You lot are such (expletive deleted)ers!

I've just emailed the person who bought my house 3 years ago as he is the neighbour to our new build. I asked him the dimensions of the bath as we liked it for the 12 years we lived there.

Internal 60cm wide, depth 50cm

SO! @Gav_P you are certainly a wide load! FFS! Fat (expletive deleted)s on here!

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

love that back wall by the way :)

Thank you!! 

It's Minoli (TM) Agata Azul porcelain tile. Fell in love with it once I discovered they come in huge slabs 1500mm x 750mm - our ensuites are very narrow at 1550mm across, so these tiles fitted us perfectly. A real godsend. Our tiler was particularly happy once he realised he just needs to stick 4x on the wall and the job is done!

Pricewise, they are surprisingly cheap compared to the wow effect they produce.

2 minutes ago, recoveringbuilder said:

Looks lovely @Bored Shopper but hubby would never have gone for that as he liked a good stretch out in the bath, I say liked because in the almost two years we’ve been in here neither of us has used the bath, showers all the way!

I am quite longlegged (i'd like to think ??) and if I sit diagonally I can strech my legs fully. I prefer sitting very deep up to my neck to lying stretched with ... er... you know... bits sticking out :)))

• Haha 1