ipad air issue.

zoothorn

24 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Redo it - sounds like a lost connection during the upload. 

only other way is to resize the video and tbh that is near impossible without a PC and uploading it to a different online conversion service. 

Yes ok will try again, ipad up in top new room thick wall between/ a bit away from hub.. so does only get a low connect to it.

But even so, should this take about 1.5 hrs to do? just a 2 min clip of my noisy unit on an ipad?

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Redo it - sounds like a lost connection during the upload. 

only other way is to resize the video and tbh that is near impossible without a PC and uploading it to a different online conversion service. 

Redone, but stuck at 263 mb, 98% done.. stuck for an hour like so, no drop out of connection its next to hub.

That size file would take about 40 minutes to upload from my phone (what I use to connect to the internet). My phone uploads at about 10 mb/s.

So as @Onoff said, check your connection speed. It may only be 1 or 2 mb/s. So could be 5 to 10 times longer.

I would also be very surprised if an Apple product could not compress a video file. Everyone in the world knows that Apples are the only viable platform to edit video and images on (this is irony, they are no better than anything else, and if people telly you different, walk away from them, Apple users are total bores that know very little about IT). 

2 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

@Onoff is photobucket the same sort of thing? I think i have this, or did have it.

Avoid like the plague, it's ad riddled crap now. They sucked many users onto their free platform then sold out and changed to a pay format. If you have the free service they bombard you with upgrade emails and pop ups.  

Photobucket is why I switched to Flickr. 

(No different to what Draftsight did tbh). 

26 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

How about ST bothering to read page before?

He wasn't having a go FFS! Do you see how you can easily alienate people trying to help?

Anyway...3.5 Mbps you say as a download speed. That tbh is dire. Your upload speed (what you're trying to do with that video) will be even less. (Just checking and my download is about 11Mbps, that's crap too ?). It's what we get for living in the sticks. 

So you've tried WeTransfer and still no joy?

It'll cost you nothing to try Flickr. 

There's Smash, lesser known but very like WeTransfer. Nothing lost trying that:

https://fromsmash.com/

Google as aforementioned, Firefox Send is another.  Whatever, at the very minimum you'll have to give them your email and set up an account. 

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

@Onoff YES he was!! (of course it was bc pocaster wouldnt have 'liked' it > then 'likes' your having a go at me too doesn't he? I mean ffs if the only contribution to a fkn thread is adding a few likes like this at me its sad/ & trolling I think actually the perfect word too hiding away, sniping. hiding. ffs grow up. his picture says enough afaic).

Anyway... yes 3.5 is max here, its often 2.5- 3.5 someone I think said. No joy with we transfer, it stopped just shy of 269mb (263.. takin the p*ss surely).

Setting up accounts.. sounds easy, but couldn't do with apple bc its needs a mob phone: ok I now have one, but no signal/ have to go top of the hill (seriously) & its pissing down & the owls are out & might snatch my wig off. I'll google snatch transfer tho..

thanks. zH

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

(of course it was bc pocaster wouldnt have 'liked' it > then 'likes' your having a go at me too doesn't he? I mean ffs if the only contribution to a fkn thread is adding a few likes like this at me its sad/ & trolling I think actually the perfect word too hiding away, sniping. hiding. ffs grow up. his picture says enough afaic).

I apologise deeply and unreservedly if my humour was offensive . I am indeed as you say just a worthless troll ?

• Haha 1

@SteamyTea Ok apologies if you weren't ST.. even if not entirely convinced.

So was the bamboo vid showing me how? I could only establish you were showing what i was trying to do 'look i can do it p'easy' but without letting on how, so I couldnt see it as being exactly helping. 

Edited by zoothorn

19 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

was the bamboo vid showing me how?

No, was just the result.

Go to Google's home page, find the bit to create an account. You do not need to have your iPad registered. Create an account, don't think you even need a telephone number.

Then you can share files once they are uploaded.

It is a very easy system to use.

https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?hl=en&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

No, was just the result.

Go to Google's home page, find the bit to create an account. You do not need to have your iPad registered. Create an account, don't think you even need a telephone number.

Then you can share files once they are uploaded.

It is a very easy system to use.

https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?hl=en&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp

Ok great thats clear and helpful. Ok will try Onoff smash one again, seemed quicker than other one, tho drop out in signal stopped this try for sure.. then this one. Be a useful thing to be able to use. Appreciated.. zh

7 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

I can see my clip, on my new gmail homepage. Good, seems like this successful then. But Ive now no clue how to email this on.

There should be an option to share the file.  Usually an icon like this.

share.jpg

Or it may be a link icon in Drive.

Click once on the file, then click on the chain icon, a box appears with the link in it, copy that and send it to the recipient.

Link.jpg

Edited by SteamyTea

Ok found the wee icon share icon. Tells me to put in email address to send, so put in mine ive just created, or my hotmail address.. and both times it says 'must be a gmail account'. So i try again, my new gmail address, same 'no can do' mssg. It gives me option to send - i think - to a similar address, my name but without the numbers i created it with.. & so i send, but to who knows where its gone.

this is nigh on impossible it seems to me.