Still stuck on my flat roof approach

Pocster

Hey all!

One of my floors is completely underground :-) . Parking is above this area.

I'm still struggling to work out what 'roof' type I have on here as it needs to take the weight of a vehicle and also be 100% (!!!) waterproof.

I've looked into the 'resin' based surfaces; but not sure how feasible this is (most seem porous )

I guess what I'm really asking has anyone done anything at all remotely similar???

1128 233A Sctn XXii.pdf

I'm sorry but I don't have any advice on the car carrying roof.

I don't know what stage you are at with it all and assuming it is a domestic property the u values are pretty unambitious. In fact I suspect they may not even pass building regs now as there were changes in 2014 and I see your plans were done before that.

Hey

I presume the building regs I must achieve were at the time of approval/submission???

i.e. they can't adjust them later surely?. My issue (for an insulation point of view) on the flat roof/parking is I can't go any deeper or I will be above the street level.

I could insulate underneath on the ceiling also; but I was told this could cause condensation issues.

Just for the record; the rest of the insulation exceeds the initial spec. Walls are 150mm; floor 250mm

Cheers

Edited by pocster

At some of the shows there was a display by an Alchimica distributor based in Glasgow. They will have a product that will suit - I'm imagining one you will roll on before the concrete topping and lap up the edges. 

We were going to use their product as tanking but it was just too expensive and when we researched, we didn't need to go down that route. 

Even if you don't contact them, their website should give some food for thought.  http://www.alchimica.co.uk/