Cement board - exterior use?

Adam2

In our build (ICF) we're thinking to cover a wall which will form a boundary to a neighbour's garden with cement board and paint that white. It'll be at the back of the neighbour's garden hidden behind bushes and trees so difficult to render. This should match well enough with the existing part of the boundary wall on their side. The wall is on our land. Wall size approx 4.8m wide and 4.8m high (3m being the single floor room and 1.8m being a wall which will form the side of a terrace.

Using cement board like this seems OK but please let me know if this isn't a good idea!

To minimise maintenance frequency I was looking at using a robust primer such as this https://www.jewson.co.uk/p/zinsser-bulls-eye-123-primer-sealer-1-litre-white-LDZIN030 which will also prime the stainless screws and help prevent marks from damp etc affecting the board/coming through a painted top-coat (for this an exterior acrylic paint).

Where boards butt against each other - maybe a white silicone board, boards are square edge so this may bot be needed 

All sounds reasonable?

cheers  

27 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

In our build (ICF) we're thinking to cover a wall which will form a boundary to a neighbour's garden with cement board and paint that white. It'll be at the back of the neighbour's garden hidden behind bushes and trees so difficult to render. This should match well enough with the existing part of the boundary wall on their side. The wall is on our land. Wall size approx 4.8m wide and 4.8m high (3m being the single floor room and 1.8m being a wall which will form the side of a terrace.

Using cement board like this seems OK but please let me know if this isn't a good idea!

To minimise maintenance frequency I was looking at using a robust primer such as this https://www.jewson.co.uk/p/zinsser-bulls-eye-123-primer-sealer-1-litre-white-LDZIN030 which will also prime the stainless screws and help prevent marks from damp etc affecting the board/coming through a painted top-coat (for this an exterior acrylic paint).

Where boards butt against each other - maybe a white silicone board, boards are square edge so this may bot be needed 

All sounds reasonable?

cheers  

You would have to make sure the joints and screw holes tight Ie Pu clue the edges when you buy them together 

Edited by nod

18 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

How about a upvc cladding, no maintenance ever. 

The wall section will join onto a 2m high rendered wall which is painted white so figured would try and make look similar to that, UPVC would stand out a bit even with the bushes and trees. Though I will have a look as that could be a nice cheap and quick to install option if I can find large sheets of matt look UPVC ?