I wonder if...

Onoff

Well the architect has come back with his fee for surveying, preparing planning drawings along with his input & assistance as it's AONB etc. The fact the place is badly insulated, the roof in a poor state of repair etc can play into it. That along with the fact you have to cross one bedroom to reach another is apparently a health and safety issue. He reckons what we want are minor alterations but our LA is notoriously funny. 

Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

That along with the fact you have to cross one bedroom to reach another is apparently a health and safety issue

Joke of the year award.

While having to pass through one bedroom to get to another is not something I want because the occupants of the intermediate bedroom lack any privacy, it is most certainly NOT a "health and safety issue"

Just now, ProDave said:

Joke of the year award.

While having to pass through one bedroom to get to another is not something I want because the occupants of the intermediate bedroom lack any privacy, it is most certainly NOT a "health and safety issue"

Let's see what happens. 

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

It potentially is under Part B I think. 

Then "health and safety" has over stepped it's intended function.  I await the description of how passing through the intermediate bedroom is a risk to your health and safety.

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Then "health and safety" has over stepped it's intended function.  I await the description of how passing through the intermediate bedroom is a risk to your health and safety.

I presume it's a fire safety consideration. If there's a fire in the bedroom with the access to the stairs then trying to traverse that from the other bedroom could be an issue. I'm guessing of course. 

If the guy reckons it's a possible lever to pp I'll use it. 

1 hour ago, DevilDamo said:

Gross Internal Area. 

The increase in floor area is I reckon, approx 30m2 by bringing the dormers out front and rear. Doesn't sound  a lot but will massively improve the "liveability" of upstairs.

That plus an increase in loft space volume going from hip to gable ends.