ASHP set up

Pete

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Zone valves aren’t your problem - it’s the mixer valve. As the water warms in the pipes it needs less “hot” water from the ASHP so the blending valve starts to close. Without either a low loss header or a buffer, the blending valve will restrict the flow, potentially causing you flow issues on the ASHP

On 20/07/2020 at 22:11, PeterW said:

@Pete questions for you..

size of house

Insulation levels

Heat loss calcs done ..?

Number of showers / bathrooms

Plant room ..?

UFH / Rads / Towel rails ..?

Lets have that lot and then work out what’s needed ..!

Moving forward now I am ready to start making decisions on what type of ASHP/tank and associated valves etc for my installation. You mentioned 9kw ASHP and a 400l cylinder so were is the best place to get these? I will also need buffer tanks so again what size/type do I need please? Hope this is an easy ask, if not then just direct me as to who ask please? TIA

Cylinders2Go for the cylinder - 400 litre Heat Pump cylinder is change of £800. Mention the forum ... 

ASHP - depends on what you want (Mitsubishi/Panasonic etc) and how much you want to do yourself. Some need the unit to be installed by a registered installer to get the warranty, but a lot are just rebadged Carrier units and basically need one or two NVR switches to control them. 

On 07/10/2020 at 15:44, PeterW said:

Cylinders2Go for the cylinder - 400 litre Heat Pump cylinder is change of £800. Mention the forum ... 

ASHP - depends on what you want (Mitsubishi/Panasonic etc) and how much you want to do yourself. Some need the unit to be installed by a registered installer to get the warranty, but a lot are just rebadged Carrier units and basically need one or two NVR switches to control them. 

Git a quote from Trevor for a 400l indirect cylinder with twin immersion for £1300 which is a tad more than £800. Trevor said it comes with expansion vessel etc so I assume this is a pre plumbed cylinder?

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Git a quote from Trevor for a 400l indirect cylinder with twin immersion for £1300 which is a tad more than £800. Trevor said it comes with expansion vessel etc so I assume this is a pre plumbed cylinder?

nope 

they come as a box of bits so will be a 40 litre expansion vessel with a control set and two thermostats. 

Can’t see a bare 400 litre on the website but there is this :

https://www.cylinders2go.co.uk/shop/renewable-energy/300-litre-telford-tempest-heat-pump-cylinder-twin-immersion-version/ £786 ex VAT..?

They do a pre plumb at £1290 - sure he’s not quoted that ..??

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

nope 

they come as a box of bits so will be a 40 litre expansion vessel with a control set and two thermostats. 

Can’t see a bare 400 litre on the website but there is this :

https://www.cylinders2go.co.uk/shop/renewable-energy/300-litre-telford-tempest-heat-pump-cylinder-twin-immersion-version/ £786 ex VAT..?

They do a pre plumb at £1290 - sure he’s not quoted that ..??

Will try him again. Thanks