Internal wall widths

I have a mix of concrete and stud internal walls, the concrete being load bearing. They're 100mm wide but the question of changing them to 140mm has come up and I thought I'd ask if anyone would bother?

Would it make in easier with chasing wiring, light switch and plug boxes?

Cheers

Vijay

31 minutes ago, Brickie said:

Easier in what way?

Are you having dot & dab plasterboard on your internals?

if so,no chasing out required (afaik).

A bitch when you come to rewire though unless you do the drops in conduit!

4 hours ago, Declan52 said:

When you say load bearing what do you mean?? For a roof 100mm blockwork is fine but if it's concrete slab first floor then it's better to go for 150mm or even 215mm.

Load bearing as it'll support floor joists and the attic trusses. It's not a concrete slab, I'm having B&B floor downstairs

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Why not stick with 100mm block, and screw 25mm by 50mm vertical battens to make a service void and fix plasterboard to the battens.  Best of both words.

Nice idea. I was just trying to keep work down as I'll have so much to do ;)

18 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Load bearing as it'll support floor joists and the attic trusses. It's not a concrete slab, I'm having B&B floor downstairs

By going wider it will help your u values slightly. You will also get deeper reveals at your windows if you like that look. As far as chasing conduits out 100mm walls are fine.

51 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Nice idea. I was just trying to keep work down as I'll have so much to do ;)

Speaking as an electrician, now used to working mostly on timber framed buildings, I now HATE chasing brick or block walls for cables and thankfully I don't have to do it often.  For that reason, I would do as I suggested a few posts back. It is SO much easier to make alterations at a later date.