Awkward Shower Shape

https://www.dkb-elegance.co.uk/details.asp?ProductID=9115

This goes together like lego, and you just screed to the top of the former. Easy enough DIY job to get a whopper of a wetroom and you can shape that to suit by cutting the sections. 

It's either spend the money on labour, or on the product. You're spending money either way,  but why not go huge on the shower area and do away with majority of the glass? That'll save more ££. Just fit a 400mm panel on the far right, and square the pointless acute recess off by 3-400mm and cut a tall narrow niche into it with a glass shelf half way for lotions and potions etc with the shower head as far into that corner as possible to manage spray. 

24 minutes ago, Onoff said:

£516.99!!!

Real men make their own:

You offering to go there and do it? ? If not, then who is?

8 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Good point and it is a nice quick job.

If you can do it yourself, then yes. If not, then is it 'really' a nice quick job?

@canalsiderenovation, how brave are you feeling, and how much of this are you willing to DIY?

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If you can do it yourself, then yes. If not, then is it 'really' a nice quick job?

Sorry, misplaced sarcasm on my part, as @Onoff's bathroom in fact took longer to finish than some of the wonders of the ancient world.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

@canalsiderenovation, how brave are you feeling, and how much of this are you willing to DIY?

I did seriously look at those click together formers. 

Really, really happy mind with how mine came out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Well I'm not a real man or any man like @Onoff and there is no man here aside from the builder(s). I'm a real woman, as is my other half but neither or us feel confident with this! I may be up to tackling some of the later stuff but not this!

It's either making a fake wall and then a walk in like my initial sketch or something like @Nickfromwales suggested but we need to look into costs as that Lego type stuff seems expensive compared to a walk in tray and screen.  First things first need to speak to builder to clarify how the shower is connected to the waste. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

first need to speak to builder

Good. Ask them if they can do a screeded pitched floor and do away with a lot of the expense. All you need then is tanking and a waste / trap. Give them the money you would have spent on the tray, and I assume you'd be screeding anyways so 2 birds ( lol ) one stone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Well I'm not a real man or any man like @Onoff and there is no man here aside from the builder(s). I'm a real woman, as is my other half but neither or us feel confident with this! I may be up to tackling some of the later stuff but not this!

It's either making a fake wall and then a walk in like my initial sketch or something like @Nickfromwales suggested but we need to look into costs as that Lego type stuff seems expensive compared to a walk in tray and screen.  First things first need to speak to builder to clarify how the shower is connected to the waste. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

There is really no need to be daunted.

As it happens I know that @Onoff is a little old lady with an umbrella on a mobility scooter, as per the pic below.

The hand you sometimes see pointing in the photos is left over from a postman who wasn't quick enough. She has it mounted on the end of a selfie-stick.

onoff-giles.jpg.1850869acd9ee86f3f58da07ecdf21d1.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1