Wedding Rings At Work (NSFW)

Ouch!!!, when I used to work for BT. We were not allowed to climb poles with rings on unless we wore gloves, the metel treads had nibs on to grip shoes but they also can hook into a ring and if you fell off you "peeled" your finger ?

2 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

and you wonder why i rarely wear a harness :o 

i was going to try and play but iv got dinner soon and i don't want to keep looking.

p.s don't search gruesome workplace injuries in google 

I've sat there a few times listening to the site agent droning on. Just as everyone's falling asleep "that" slide comes up on the PowerPoint. There's a slow realisation of what they're looking at for those who've not seen it and everyone wakes up! :) Some of the lime injuries are pretty horrific where people have been working knee deep in concrete etc that has soaked into their "jeans" etc.

He got off LIGHTLY there! We've all done it though.

I think it was a site down in Gravesend a few years back where a kid (16 ish) working on site with poor PPE, suffered partial amputation of one leg and serious caustic burns to the other. Seem to remember they had given him a pair of wellies.....that filled up etc :(

13 hours ago, Onoff said:

Nearly as good as the one where the bloke didn't do his safety harness up properly and "make a pouch" of his crown jewels! Always wakes people up during site inductions.

Same thing happens when your parachute harness is loose. Or is loosened deliberately during the flight because  harnesses are uncomfortable. An hour in turbulence in a C130 with almost everyone being airsick isn't fun. 

First time I heard a scream in the air I wondered what it was: the next scream  was mine. My eyes watered for a good while.

When I told the unexpurgated story to a group of  Mental Health nurses that I worked with, one replied;

" Ohhhh, ah knaws a groop 'o mates up in Lundun who'd pay good muney fer that.

At that, my eyes watered all over again - at  both the memory and the remark.

As an ex skydiver it was drummed into students about making sure the harness was fitted right and all their " luggage " was stowed correctly. Once onto free fall the opening shock of stopping from 120 mph seriously made you aware that everything was in its place.

Guest Alphonsox

I stopped wearing rings and watches after seeing our new 2.2V/5.5kW power supply vaporise a screwdriver that got dropped across the busbars. A great demonstration that voltage is never a problem - it's the current that kills you.