Starting a 46m2 garden building/home bar

cookolaar

Hello I about to start building a garden bar/entertaining room and want to check a few things off with you knowledgeable bunch.

I have done up and extended a few homes before but always took over from the builders at shell stage or only done interior works so all advice will be gratefully received.  I am looking to get someone to put the pad/founadtions down before I take over as I think that could take me quite a while.

I have had a quote for the foundation/pad as follows.  The quote of for £6000 does this seem reasonable to people for the work explained?

Install base for Garden room (46 m2) (With brick course)

Excavate reduced levels by machine, excavation Depth : (230mm overall)
Levelling and compacting bottoms of excavations with vibrating plate
50mm backfilling to make up levels with hardcore, compacting fill with vibrating plate 30mm sand or quarry dust blinding spread and levelled.
Install 50mm Jablite insulation
Mesh reinforcement to slab
Disposal of soil off site
Ready mixed concrete foundation and pump.
Install 2 course of D.M.P (Blue Bricks)
Final leaves to be 30mm-50mm above existing grass leave

Thanks!

21 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

And as it will require BR’s, all elements would need to meet the minimum u-values. On that basis, 50mm to the floor would not be enough to meet 0.22.

Is that still the case if it is separated from the house and does not have fixed heating?  I thought that is how they treat conservatories etc.

The OP is proposing a building... attached or not that exceeds 30sq.m so all the other ‘exemption’ criteria is irrelevant.

But yes... for conservatories under 30sq.m would need to meet the other exemption rules for them to not require BR approval.

• Thanks 1