Nearly finished now...

Calvinmiddle

Hi All

Glad that the guys have got this up and running so quickly - looks great with loads of features which will likely take a while to get used to.

We will have been going for 2 years in August when my Friendly Farmer arrived on site (in the middle of a small town) with a 12.5 tonne excavator to dig out the 750mm - 1600mm depth and 500+ tonnes of our stiff silty clay which I then filled in with about the 400 tonnes of stone.

This week I have been a stay at home Dad and have been trying to build a shed in around doing the school runs.  Slightly worried I have over engineered what is a storage shed as I'm building it out of 2 x 4 with a 12.5mm OSB internal skin and fencing feather edge boards on the outside (it's in a corner and was meant to have larch cladding to match the house on the two exposed sides, but funds are low and I have the feather edge boards here - not sure why, vastly over estimated earlier somewhere).

But I'm ok with that, the current shed you might go through the wall if you lent on it plus I got to hire and play with a first fix paslode :D

Edited by Calvinmiddle
  • Like 1

mind you I say nearly finished - all we are talking about is a (nother) good clean, one door frame needed painted and some hinges in the kitchen changed, the TV braket, connect the electric window actuator, change the bedroom ceiling lights..... crap - I have a load of shitty small jobs to do!!

Also anyone know where to get sensible priced MVHR filters for a Nuaire MRXBOX95AB.  After running for about 6 months my intake is black with crap from outside and the outtake is white from dust and paint sandings

47 minutes ago, Calvinmiddle said:

Slightly worried I have over engineered what is a storage shed as I'm building it out of 2 x 4 with a 12.5mm internal skin and fencing feather edge boards on the outside (it's in a corner and was meant to have larch cladding to match the house on the two exposed sides, but funds are low and I have the feather edge boards here - not sure why, vastly over estimated earlier somewhere).

But I'm ok with that, the current shed you might go through the wall if you lent on it plus I got to hire and play with a first fix paslode :D

Sounds like a proper shed to me...You won't regret it in 10 years time?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Calvinmiddle said:

Also anyone know where to get sensible priced MVHR filters for a Nuaire MRXBOX95AB.  After running for about 6 months my intake is black with crap from outside and the outtake is white from dust and paint sandings

Tried here ..??

http://www.i-sells.co.uk/m/prod_listing.php?cPath=178

I'm considering fitting a pre filter on the inlet just for the reason you have mentioned - you can get good 150mm filter boxes that take ordinary roll filter media for £25 so it makes sense  to do it and have it as a primary filter. 

I bought a load of filters for our MVHR from these people: http://www.jasunfiltration.com/

They were custom made to fit and were still around 1/5th the price of the Genvex ones, and look identical.  They will also make a custom stainless frame if you give the the dimensions and this can then be filled with the off-the-roll filtration media, which is even cheaper still in the long run.

15 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Sounds like a proper shed to me...You won't regret it in 10 years time?

Here is a pic of my endeavours last week

Only one 90 degree corner there - has made working out the angles fun.

Also had to clad to walls before erecting them - made carrying them round the back of the house and lifting them up interesting as it's just me.

image.jpeg

Edited by Calvinmiddle

Love the shed.

When i eventually get the house built this is next on my hit list.

Somewhere to call my own.

Every other place i though was going to be mine is now not mine.  I should have known better!  Silly Daddy pig (Peppa pig reference) (Just in case you were wondering)

Think it's going to be the only shed in the world with a triple glazed window and a triple glazed skylight - both curtesy of Munster Windows as they had to replace 2 windows and I suggested they could leave them with me so they didn't have to walk them the 70m back up the drive to the van.

No idea how I'm going to lift them in, the sky light is 1000 x 1500!!! You can just see it to the left of the picture

Edited by Calvinmiddle
Typos