Still scratching my head over mvhr. i was eyeing up the lossnay units but I am a bit cautious of the paper heat exchanger for showers etc. I came across the LG units (similar efficiency to the mitsubishi unit 77-79%) , I think these could tick the boxes and save a lot of cash over the normal suppliers. Has anybody any dealings, LG is a brand I trust so must be half decent? 

http://www.orionairsales.co.uk/lg-air-conditioning-eco-v-heat-recovery-ventilator-306-c.asp

I think the paper heat exchangers were discussed before. They have an RH limit of 80%

Yes the air being extracted from your shower room may approach 100% RH but that will be mixed with air extracted from other rooms as well before reaching the mvhr so is extremely unlikely to be anywhere near 80% RH as it enters the mvhr.  In fact to get anywhere close to 80% I would expect you to need someone showering simultaneously in every bathroom. while someone in the kitchen also has several pans of water boiling away, and also a load of soaking wet washing hung up to dry in the utility room.  Very unlikely.

But I do agree the LG units look worthy of consideration.

On 17/12/2016 at 10:55, Onoff said:

I've heard the backup service offered on LG tv's is appalling. MVHR would I know be a different arm.

its about as good as a VW warranty or B&Qs after sales service,,,,,, :(

Edited by Steptoe