Which ICF and why?

Hi, looking for experience and advice please, have been looking at ICF for our build, I’ve spoke to our builder who has use beko for a build before but have spent hours reading about the different systems and an no further towards making a decision! I’m hoping that those of you who have chosen or have used one of the systems will be able to advise me on which system you have used and why and whether you would use it again. Tia 

If he used beco He must be a saint. 

Imho it’s probably one of the worst icf products available. 

Has been around for years and has not moved forward. 

Im using NUDURA 

do a lot of looking around locally you might be surprised how many builds are around, there are 3 icf builds within 15mins of me and a good few more within an hours drive. 

Edited by Russell griffiths
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jvh2012 said:

... I’m hoping that those of you who have chosen or have used one of the systems will be able to advise me on which system you have used and why and whether you would use it again. 

Heres a site search for which icf

A lot of tripe is talked about in ICF comparisons. Each has strengths and weaknesses.  And your situation is unique.  So go and look at a range of methods being built.

Come back with a shortlist and ask us again. In the meantime use the site search facility for each type. There's a week's reading waiting for you.  The question you ask is well rehearsed here.

Ours? Durisol. Yes. Because it suited us.

• Like 1

It's tricky, not all ICF is the same. On our build we had intended to use MBC, but got cold feet and decided that ICF was a lower risk. When I looked at ICF for our build most of the systems required the builder to cut apertures for windows, doors, gable angles etc. We found that JUB did and ICF where they produced a factory cut kit, so no cutting on site. Less flexible but zero waste on site and a very accurate build. It's difficult to be entirely objective as you always suffer some confirmation bias for a product you've selected. Yes, it seemed a little more expensive at first sight but they did a lot of up front work and the blocks are very well made with tough nylon skeleton which makes fixing stuff like plasterboard or battens a breeze. Ours was their first UK build, there is a thread on the buildhub which goes into a little more depth:

• Like 1

I have been looking at nudura and isotex, completely different products yet I can’t work out why I would choose one over the other, other than the fact that isotex I would be Abel to fix things to the Inside walls easier?!