75mm Blockwork 1950's / New Lintols?

Hi, 

I'm in the process of renovating a 1950's bungalow. I have a few other topics in other areas of the site and i'm getting amazing responses and advice from people. Many thanks...

The internal walls of the property are 75mm blockwork, the external leaf is normal brickwork. 

I'm planning lots of changes to the internals which would involve putting in new lintols to make new openings for rooms. Nowadays blockwork would be close to 100mm so a new concrete lintel off the shelf would work fine, but in this case they would obviously be too wide. Most of the openings in the house above the windows are timber lintols and above the doorways appear to be nothing (i'm guessing they build the blockwork into the doorsets and the door sets will be load bearing. 

It is only 1 or 2 blocks on top of the lintols so next to no weight, but obviously i'll have to install something to take the weight above where i make new openings?

Do they make 75mm wide lintols?

Thanks for any advice or tips 

Tom 

Standard concrete lintels are approx 65mm X 100mm in section, depending on span.

As far as I know they are pre-stressed with no specific orientation. The steel is central, can you just use it in its side and cut the blocks above in height to accommodate it?

You can also get 70mm concrete blocks, got a pack here in the midlands that are left over from my build.... 

Edited by JFDIY

Mine were all short to span drainage runs in a dwarf wall.

What span are your openings?

You could contact a lintel manufacturer and see what they make that could be suitable.

Longest lintel off the shelf I can see is 1200mm which would do 1000mm span at the most, but there's sure to be options.

Even using a steel one and cutting the flange down might work.

What are you finishing the wall with, could you loose the excess of a deeper lintel?

Edit to add: have a look at stressline or someone similar, they're showing a 2100mm lintel (65mm section), which could do up to 1800mm opening depending on loadings. I'm sure they can do longer on request 

Edited by JFDIY