Tapered edge or square at window in-goes

One for the tape and finishers as that's what Ill be getting done.   When I am plaster boarding the window in-goes I will be fitting a square edge against the windows.  Would the tape and finishers prefer a straight edge or taper on the inside where it meets the main walls

Taper imho.  Otherwise you get that thing I hate about tape and fill.  You put a corner bead on, and that forces the corner to be proud of the rest of the wall.

That's why I prefer a proper skim to tape and fill.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Drew1000 said:

One for the tape and finishers as that's what Ill be getting done.   When I am plaster boarding the window in-goes I will be fitting a square edge against the windows.  Would the tape and finishers prefer a straight edge or taper on the inside where it meets the main walls

Doesn’t matter 

Either will do 

6 hours ago, tonyshouse said:

Thermal board is just sheet insulation bonded to plasterboard I use sheet insulation then plasterboard. I was keen about air sealing too

http://tonyshouse.readinguk.org/274-2/

All external edges should be sealed I know that most house bashers don’t bother but every commercial job I do has a band of gyprock sealant around the edges Even under floor track It really does help with air leakage 

Also around the window frames and the edge of the cavity closers 

we normally fix a 25 x 10 mil stainless angle to the frame 15 mil out and fill the edge 

This will help with cracking as dabbing directly onto cavity closers is a waste of to 

Prohibited on commercial and social housing 

Absolutely fine on mainstream spec houses 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I always used taped edges against the window frames and ran a bead of acrylic sealant onto the taped edge when fitting, this effectively produced a second air tightness seal, the insulation having already been sealed and used as the air barrier.