planning required for leanto workshop attached to garage?

starbuckhouse

So if i want to build a detatched building, say a garage. 6 x 6 meters, (which is a normal double garage size) do i have to have building regs ????? I understand that if i had any electrics connected i would have to have the installation certified. But building regs for the whole thing ???

1 hour ago, DevilDamo said:

Yes as it would exceed 30sq.m.

DevilDamo. B0ll1x. What a bummer. I wanted to just do a reinforced  slab, and a nice simple timber framed garage. I would be quite near an oak, and a beech tree. What a bummer, BCO will want mega deep footings.......

45 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

DevilDamo. B0ll1x. What a bummer. I wanted to just do a reinforced  slab, and a nice simple timber framed garage. I would be quite near an oak, and a beech tree. What a bummer, BCO will want mega deep footings.......

Why would they want mega deep footings? I'm doing a slab for pretty much what you describe and BC are fine with it. 

Late to the party, but one additional thought.  I do not think we know what is the other side of the boundary the new structure will be near to.  If it is a road that may add another question to be addressed as it may be a side elevation fronting a highway.