Front gates...Advice needed.

5 hours ago, Onoff said:

@Big Jimbo This is the loop detector circuit I'm  going to have a go at. Going to order the components now and stuff to make the pcb (probably from Cricklewood Electronics). Haven't made a pcb in years! Hope my UV box still works!

http://chemelec.com/Projects/Loop-Detector-1/Loop-Detector.htm

Let me know how you get on. Onoff

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

Let me know how you get on. Onoff

All the bits I haven't got ordered from Cricklewood Electronics. I ordered enough to make 3 units. Then some photo resist copper clad board. Also developer and ferric chloride as I assume my stuff in the shed will be no good now.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 16:53, Onoff said:

All the bits I haven't got ordered from Cricklewood Electronics. I ordered enough to make 3 units. Then some photo resist copper clad board. Also developer and ferric chloride as I assume my stuff in the shed will be no good now.

this takes me back nearly 40 years to secondary school......  where does time go to?

8 minutes ago, CC45 said:

this takes me back nearly 40 years to secondary school......  where does time go to?

Tell me about it! Tbh I was never good with the theory / design as a kid. I was more monkey see, monkey do. Just dug out my metal case full of the complete E12 resistor range. Bouught from Garlands in Deptford. Been in the garage and subject to a bit of damp etc. I earnt the money for them digging a neighbours footings by hand as a kid! I also had the Philips Radionics kits. Was always scavenging dumps for old tv's, radios, bike frames and mowers etc. 

Got better with the design/maths side as I've gotten older. Dipped into RF stuff for a while, CW transmitters, SW receivers, coil & antennae making. Used to love it but as a hobby...can't remember the last time I made anything.