Concreting Over Soil Pipes

Onoff

Made some headway yesterday in sorting the mess of outside soil stacks and down pipes:

From this:

20160824_170636

20161105_101316

To this: 

SAM_4278

SAM_4277

SAM_4285

It's actually tidier than it looks! The black 110mm is new and takes the upstairs, cloak and new bathroom wc wastes. Then goes through the pea shingle in 110mm (faded) brown soil to the rubber clay coupling. 

The 3" downpipe from the gutter just went "into the ground" and was blocked solid about 2' at the bottom. Currently just diverting thru a bit of balanced brown soil. Its getting relocated the other side of the window.

The other brown soil disappearing into the manhole is now redundant as the cloak wc is into the black stack now via the short, diagonal length.

My mate reckons I should cover the soil pipe in some more pea shingle and "concrete over the top". Is that the norm?

Cheers 

Edited by Onoff
Spelling!

Cheers all. Sounds good NOT concreting as later I might take the cloak stack vertically through the floor, out under the footings and join into a branch underground. I could lose that ugly diagonal (black) branch then

(Still wishing I'd hidden the main stack inside the bathroom stud work:( ).

It's a pain trying to pack the shingle as there's no trench per se, the ground around having been dug out.

Next to figure, move the 3" down pipe, add a rainwater gully and pipe to the soakaway. Not forgetting the bath and shower waste.....

This side of the house is a pain tbh.  The ground is very uneven and there are 3 sided old concrete footings coming off from the house. Trying to drive the mower from front to back lawns is murder. Under the "dirt" is some sort of slab so the whole area stays waterlogged. The aim is to dig it all up and grade the ground for a start. Long term maybe some sort of car port for all weather working would be good.

• 8 months later...

Finally uncovered the old footings and started breaking them up!

A right pita as full of fence wire. Kango/cut/shift...repeat.

20170808_182539

20170808_182529

Going out with the laser now it's dusk to plot the heights of drains etc relative to the DPC. Then I can start to think about getting this side of the house level for a path, mower access etc. Still a bit of a slab under the dirt bordered by the footings. The manhole by the Kango has to be lowered for a start!

Edit: No.1 son helping survey the drains:

2017-08-08_09-43-53

:)

Edited by Onoff