WC bends

Pocster

7 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, anything to avoid blockages and bends do slow the flow a lot . Is there any reason you can’t do this.

image.jpg

Maybe - the problem is my WC is near the in ceiling drain , so there’s not much ‘room’ to do a gentle fall . 

1 minute ago, AnonymousBosch said:

As an aside, why did you choose solvent weld?   I nearly did, but I haven't got the guts - or the experience.

Because it’s all in a ceiling . Welded won’t leak .... ?

Just now, AnonymousBosch said:

Yes, mine has to go through a wall and a ceiling - thought I'd make all my mistakes with push fit first and then consider solvent weld. 

Just do solvent weld . Dry fit everything. You’ll be fine . Better to be safe than sorry !

Why do they say solvent weld should be avoided below ground on this one?..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-long-radius-bend-87-5-110mm/81100

FloPlast Long Radius Bend 87.5° 110mm (81100)        

Connects to 110mm ring seal sockets for underground installations and fittings. (If necessary, it can be connected to a solvent weld fitting, however this should be avoided on underground applications).

Edited by Temp

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I can always build a concrete block housing over that short run of black pipe to protect it .

Maybe wrap it in something first (thick cardboard?) or sleeve it before concreting so you easily slide it through the concrete block later rather than  having to smash the block up.

44 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Maybe wrap it in something first (thick cardboard?) or sleeve it before concreting so you easily slide it through the concrete block later rather than  having to smash the block up.

Might try and get planning and build another house over it 

• Haha 1