First Quote is in - ASHP

So following my little jaunt to the Build It show in Manchester last weekend I have the first quote back for an Air Source Heat Pump and Underfloor Heating via Nu. This is what they have quoted for.

NIBE F2040 Air Source Heat Pump 
with Nu-Heat hot water cylinder, buffer 
tank (EnergyPro® 300 litre unvented stainless steel HP cylinder for use with NIBE ASHP, and 150 litre buffer tank, complete with fittings and supplementary electric heating). Total £9149.00
+ VAT. 

What do you think of this? Obviously it will be interesting to see others and what the builder is quoting for too.

The underfloor heating is £5069 (screed with cliptrack based on 196m2) - see pic, no idea what half of this means.

They then offer a sort of package for installers who are not MCS accredited to allow systems to qualify for the domestic RHI which is an additional £899.00 + VAT. The whole RHI is baffling me. 

Without knowing how much I can get on the RHI, how do I know whether to use an MCS accredited installer or not or whether to for example order the package like the one offered above. I can't find out how much I will get without an EPC and as the property will be extended by roughly 100m2 I can't get an EPC until that is done as the current one isn't valid. If I get one done when the extension/work is done the system will be ordered/installed so it's a bit late then!

Screenshot_20200228-155533.png

10 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I can't find out how much I will get without an EPC and as the property will be extended by roughly 100m2 I can't get an EPC until that is done as the current one isn't valid. If I get one done when the extension/work is done the system will be ordered/installed so it's a bit late then!

Can't you get an as designed SAP done which should give you an idea of the EPC?

Edited by PeterStarck

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

How would I go about this?

There a lot of SAP assessors who can be accessed online and they will want copies of the plans and other information. It will probably cost IRO £150 based on what we paid. This is the first company that came up on a search list.

https://www.buildenergy.co.uk/what-are-sap-calculations/

• Thanks 1

Existing house, even if extended or planned extension, would have SAP energy rating EPC done by domestic energy assessor (DEA) using rdSAP. On construction (OCDEA) SAP assessor (for design stage/as built SAP) would not normally get involved in this instance. May need rdSAPassessment before and after extension. Different skill sets and different accreditation schemes for full SAP and rdSAP.