Do you know who makes this?

Hi everyone

I've seen a few of these all in one post box/intercom/video camera entryway systems attached to people's gates in London.  

Unfortunately I couldn't see any company name and i've spent hours on google trying to find it but without any success. 

Does anyone know the name of the company who makes these or anything similar?

Thank you

S

IMG_1756.jpeg

21 hours ago, Ralph said:

There is a German company that makes something very similar, could be one of theirs. https://www.briefkasten-manufaktur.de/edelstahl-briefkastensaeule-designer-quad-edition-gira-system-106-599-7016-ksgi106-2.html

Yeah my guess was DoorBird, also German, kind of a nest/security intercom cross over (as the name suggests), but I can't see they do them in black.

There's plenty of other possibilities, Hikvision make several door intercoms too.

What I really can't tell is what's going on with the pedestal it's set in. Is that a parcel drop box too? Maybe integrated with the camera and enabling remote open when the delivery driver calls? If so, neat idea, surprised they're not more readily googleable. 

Thank you guys! 

I’ve contacted the company Ralph suggested as I couldn’t find the exact model on their website.

@joth that’s a great idea. I saw this intercom system in Chelsea so I might have to make a special trip there again and try and find it. I couldn’t make out where it was on google maps.

I’ll take a look at doorbird and hikvision too.

Thanks again :) 

That would have worked but the issue we have is that there is no wall or even a floor to put one on, only a gate. It makes it a bit more difficult for us which is why the one in the image I posted looks great for our purposes.

Thank you temp!

I found the property again and saw the name BPT on the side of the box. After a quick search I couldn’t see this exact item so I will email the company.

Thank you again everyone for your help.

@sw879 the reason you can’t find one is that’s a custom unit...!

BPT make gate systems, look to the right and there is a black box over the gate latch that is released electronically. 

The angled panel in the top is a pretty standard BPT Came video panel, probably an MKR VC range custom unit - they are modular so you can add any module including key pads or video cameras etc. Examples here 

The bottom box looks like a welded steel box that probably just has a door in the back and the letter plate in the front. 

You could probably do the same with a Videx 8000 unit and customize the panels - do you want GSM phone and video alerting when you’re not at home ..?? You will struggle to get change from £6-800 for the panel and then probably £2-300 of custom steelwork to create the box. 

Ah that makes so much sense now! Thank you so much Peter, I thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it anywhere haha.

We are looking for something almost identical, with a magnetic door entry way system and as you say with a phone and video alerting system for when we are not at home.  Although it is going to be expensive in my opinion it's worth it for peace of mind.  Now I just need to find someone who can make it!

Thank you so much again for taking the time to provide me with examples.  You've been a great help :)

Edited by sw879

On 31/01/2020 at 09:32, sw879 said:

Thank you guys! 

I’ve contacted the company Ralph suggested as I couldn’t find the exact model on their website.

@joth that’s a great idea. I saw this intercom system in Chelsea so I might have to make a special trip there again and try and find it. I couldn’t make out where it was on google maps.

I’ll take a look at doorbird and hikvision too.

Thanks again :) 

With luck you can get the GPS location from the information in the  photo.

PS Glad to see you have it sorted.

Edited by Ferdinand

• 3 weeks later...

As Peter kindly told me that this was a custom unit with a panel and some custom steel work, can anyone suggest how I can go about finding someone who can make this for me?

I’ve contacted quite a number of companies and individuals over the past couple of weeks and nobody seems to be able to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or even recommendations (provided that is allowed on here)

Thank you 

4 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Ask the company (manufacturers) for their list of approved fitters....

Thank you and sorry I should have mentioned that I have done that already. 

They recommended AB key and Anchor Doors but they said, and I quote, ‘Unfortunately we can’t help with your request‘

?