Thin lintels

Jilly

If we build up the layers on the floor in our stable conversion, we will lose height and the structural engineer has advised that the architect might design (or is it spec?) thinner lintels. Please can someone point me in the right direction to research so I ask intelligent questions? 

Thanks

Ahhh, intelligent questions. And if you asked one, would you understand the answer? 

No? Me neither.

All any of us can do is pray that we get people who work with us. And not to work for just themselves- though they'd often call themselves "self-employed'.

The only thing anyone can do is to ask open questions of professionals, and encourage dialogue.

And that's an art.

What hight do you have is your starting point , if you have 10ft of clear headroom  it's not a problem to lose a foot through insulation  new floor screed , if you have 7ft headroom  at the moment then it will be a problem . Also if you raise the floor you need to take in consideration associated  costs eg. Modifying doors putting insteps/ramps etc. 

11 hours ago, Jilly said:

If we build up the layers on the floor in our stable conversion, we will lose height and the structural engineer has advised that the architect might design (or is it spec?) thinner lintels. Please can someone point me in the right direction to research so I ask intelligent questions? 

Thanks

just because you ask a sensible question, does not automatically mean you will receive a sensible answer here ?