Axbridge showers, taps and mixers

H F

For our master bathroom refit, my wife wants to go with traditional looking taps and mixers, and we’re leaning towards Axbridge shower mixer/valve unit, basin tap and floor standing bath mixer so that we have visual consistency.

Obviously, Burlington also do these, but we wanted to know if anyone has installed Axbridge before and what the quality was like. 

55 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Do you mean the Axbridge pattern by Booth&Co/Vado..?

Vado is reasonably good but expensive for what it is.  @Nickfromwales got a view ..?

Vado is a little over priced, but it’s an entry level ( decent ) brand with good ongoing support / spares. Next jump is typically to Grohe / Hans-Grohe stuff which is legendary stuff. 
I’ve fitted mountains of both with no recollection of issues with Vado. 

1 hour ago, Home Farm said:

basin tap

Is this still a mixer or two separate taps? Beware moving away from a mixer tap as the hot tap just becomes unusable / unbearably hot unless a small TMV is fitted to manage the max temp. 

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Vado is a little over priced, but it’s an entry level ( decent ) brand with good ongoing support / spares. Next jump is typically to Grohe / Hans-Grohe stuff which is legendary stuff. 

Love Grohe, but they don’t do a classic/traditional style design like Burlington and the Axbridge range (as far as I know).

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Burlington are solid brass but have some nice touches such as constant flow restrictors as standard. They are not cheap ...

Thanks Peter. They’re not cheap, but neither was Booth & Co to be fair... I assume Booth & Co want be solid brass then, or might they? This is such a minefield for the uninitiated.