First flooring sag - what is acceptable?

readiescards

I would get something over those window openings. while waiting for my windows to arrive, the openings were sheeted with OSB to keep the rain out.

That looks just like "ordinary" chipboard to me. Even the green "waterproof" stuff won't stand up to much. the only one that will is something like Weyrock (the name will be clearly printed on it) that has a sort of grey waterproof coating.

Get the windows covered, let it dry out and see what it is like.  Put a straight edge over it and see if the joints have swelled.

• Like 2

does the top have a plasticky coating on it?, usually grey with a slight texture to it

if so I think this is what oz is talking about and should be ok at its core, our managers keep making us put it down before the roof is on because it saves on temporarily boarding the joists for the bricks to build the second lift,

we moan like hell about it because as you can see it does swell at the joints and any open cuts around stair wells, the swelling will probably be taken out by the underlay if you are having carpet but that still doesnt make it right, sanding it flat is probably the way to go.

from the way it has soaked in in the first picture i would say they are not those boards and are just moisture resistant, it might still be ok but if I'm honest i wouldn't like to put my name to it

• Like 2

Yeh look up egger p5 online OP. Looks like it has been used with right glue aswell. There are 2 types 1 with film as said above but both are waterproof. Give it a good scrape down now. Run your planer or sand any joints which you feel are protruding excessively. I'd of thought it will be ok. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...