Vent Axia Sentinal Kinetic Plus

Guest Alphonsox

Guest Alphonsox

I have spent a couple of hours today wrestling with another new purchase. This is a Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus MVHR unit. This was sourced along with all the other MVHR ducts, vents etc from BPC Ventilation @bpc ventilation (highly recommended). I thought a few pics might be useful to give an impression of the size of the unit - It is big and bulky but not particularly heavy, an easy two person lift. It seems reasonably quite when powered up despite not have any ducting attached to  provide acoustic attenuation, although this is at zero load.

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Same unit as mine. Watch the screws on the front as they are poison to line up. Took mine apart yesterday to clean the heat exchanger and filters. Wasnt that bad considering I live in the countryside. If you hold in the * it goes into purge mode and goes at 100% and even then it's quiet.

We've got the same, but nowhere near commissioning it as we are stuck at first fix, waiting for our !****##@@ plasterers to turn up and do their job. Once we've got to this stage, I'll also post back.  Note one thing for prospective buyers: this unit comes in left and right hand versions. You need to order the correct one. They will ship the RH one by default.

Guest Alphonsox
33 minutes ago, ryder72 said:

Any reasons why you picked this unit over the Airflow BV400 which is broadly similar on most parameters?

Largely at the recommendation of BPC. We have a 270m2 build so are over the limit of what they recommend for either unit however the VA unit can shift a little more air.