Isolators: easy to reach ? Where have you put yours?

ToughButterCup

On 08/10/2019 at 21:37, Barney12 said:

Just like @AliG there was no way I was having switch acne in my shiny new kitchen. Rather than hiding them at the back of a cupboard I created a panel inside a tall cupboard (at the top). This does compromise a bit of shelf space but makes them very accessible for when there is the need for isolation after someone’s got their head stuck in the dishwasher ?.

7ACC77DC-CD84-4683-B162-E8A4D6D18769.thumb.jpeg.d2f578d51b5a9707e233c03271141914.jpeg

Great looking kitchen! In our current place we have a switch at the back of a cupboard for the fridge/freezer. All good until someone decides to put large serving plates in there and push them to the back and turns off the switch - minor thing to be aware of if putting switches in cupboards which may then have "stuff" put in front

6 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Sorry, I’m not following you? (It’s early ?) What right corner problem? 

Sorry, maybe I am just imagining things. ?

Usually when there is a line of floor to ceiling cabinets, the corners become difficult to access. It looks to me as though in your kitchen these high cabinets are in a niche? And hence the corner to the right of them is in fact not inside the kitchen at all. 

45 minutes ago, oldkettle said:

Sorry, maybe I am just imagining things. ?

Usually when there is a line of floor to ceiling cabinets, the corners become difficult to access. It looks to me as though in your kitchen these high cabinets are in a niche? And hence the corner to the right of them is in fact not inside the kitchen at all. 

ah yes correct. A niche was built for the sole purpose of housing the full height units which only protrude 30mm from the wall face with a frame around the doors. As a result of that and the lighting behind the protruding frame they appear to float off the wall. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

ah yes correct. A niche was built for the sole purpose of housing the full height units which only protrude 30mm from the wall face with a frame around the doors. As a result of that and the lighting behind the protruding frame they appear to float off the wall. 

Yep, it does look great. I just wonder whether the isolated corner has been added to another room? 

1 hour ago, AliG said:

We did that but the isolated corner is actually accessed from the cupboard next to it. I too hate corners in the kitchen but couldn't lose that one.

Out bathroom/utility is planned next to the kitchen and I thought it could be possible to use the corner as a storage or for a washing machine/drier on top of it. Would have been even better as a shower (well, a part of it) but too narrow for this.