Fixing into ICF foam Reveal

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on fixing into an ICF foam reveal (It's 75mm before hitting the concrete)

The builder here were told to remove the foam, bend the window strap in and fix to concrete and then restore the foam. (As you can see they just stuck a concrete screw in it)

I might be a bit pedantic, but I was thinking, of inserting some kind of tube to act as a standoff, which would have an endcap which has a hole in it, that the concrete screw can pass through, I just don't like the idea of a long 100mm, concrete screw, sitting open in 75mm of foam, what kinda force would these straps get. 

Can you think of a better solution please :)

(Below is an example I saw on another house)

IMAG2470.jpg?raw=1

Edited by magnethead

Thanks @Vijay  so you agree with the tube/sleeve idea ... ..  @Russell griffiths   You're right, I'll ask the guys doing the job, what's going on here, It doesn't looked lined up with the core all right. It looks to be on the internal 50mm of insulation almost missing the core....

Hold on, I think we might be at fault here, you can see how they use the Drywall screws with the board on the reveal, I think they operate in a reality we can't comprehend ...That's the only thing that makes sense , or maybe the foam is stronger then I think..., I do like their timesaver,  plugs they've used on the rest of the board, otherwise it would be machine gunned with screws every 150mm vertically and horizontally.

IMAG2495.jpg?raw=1

Yeah, another angle on a concrete screws, something going on here all right , they did a great job with the tape too

IMAG2485.jpg?raw=1

Edited by magnethead