Meter kiosk

80BSY

This is proving a tricky one. I'm doing a project of six flats, three are in the existing building, and three are in a newly built extension. Each flat needs to have its own supply, there is no landlord supply, or communal areas, it's just the six stand alone flats. The electricity company wants to put in one feed, then have the six meters etc in one kiosk, with isolators. Electrics is probably the thing I have the least knowledge on, I don't even know what else needs to be in the kiosk, or what's even the best way to go about any of it. The main problem now being, how big does the kiosk need to be, I'm getting no help anywhere. 

The kiosk needs to house 6 supply heads, s meters and 6 switch fuses to feed the supply out to the individual flats.

Ask the DNO exactly how much space they need inside the kiosk for their equipment.  The switch fuses will be your equipment and will be in addition to the space that the DNO say they need.

31 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The kiosk needs to house 6 supply heads, s meters and 6 switch fuses to feed the supply out to the individual flats.

Ask the DNO exactly how much space they need inside the kiosk for their equipment.  The switch fuses will be your equipment and will be in addition to the space that the DNO say they need.

That's the problem, I can't seem to get an exact answer, yet they're likely to refuse installation if it's not big enough. 

You said you were building an extension ..? As part of that, create an enclosure as part of the building that has an external door and the ability to hold 6 meters and the supply head. Only would need to be 300mm deep at most. 

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

You said you were building an extension ..? As part of that, create an enclosure as part of the building that has an external door and the ability to hold 6 meters and the supply head. Only would need to be 300mm deep at most. 

Oh, I see what you mean, unfortunately the shell is now built, initially UK Power Network said they were coming in from the side of the property, and as they were flats I could have the meters in the flats, they then decided they would do that, and want to come in from the front and a external meters all in one kiosk. It appears flats can still have internal meters, but houses can't. However they have also decided that my flats are not flats according to their definition. A brick built one would now look like an afterthought, which it would be, Fibreglass kiosk is likely to be the way forward. But not knowing a size, I can't do anything. 

They refer to approved cabinets and trunking in here but they are all single supply as far as I can see.

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/internet/asset/3b7f1ee6-1fc8-461a-a5d5-a4909a64895B/UKPowerNetworks_Site%2BInformation%2BPack_V2Dec2017_FINAL.pdf

I think at the very least they will have to tell you if they are providing one fat cable or 6 smaller cables!

Can you find someone building another block of flats and see what they are doing?