Site insurance

nod

We are about to break ground in ten days time So our thoughts have turned to site insurance 

Couple of questions

At what stage do you guys get site insurance

and what level of cover

Thanks in advance   Gary

14 minutes ago, Mikey_1980 said:

I was risk adverse so took it out the day we completed on the plot and took everything they offered me, with the exception of covering a massive amount of tools.

I was the same and opted not for massive cover on the tools. So far I ve bought a drill, a Stanley knife, two tape measures, and a silicone gun so it was probably the right decision.

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2016 at 19:58, Trw144 said:

I was the same and opted not for massive cover on the tools. So far I ve bought a drill, a Stanley knife, two tape measures, and a silicone gun so it was probably the right decision.

I purchased the site insurance once I had a builder and ground worker committed to a date, in my own mind that's when it became a site, before that it was just a plot ;)

Me too. While it was a bare plot I took the risk there would eb no public liability claim (though you can buy cheap pre work insurance to cover this)

My actual self build policy started a few days before I started digging the foundations.