Any cheap place to buy Block and Beam floor please

anna

Hi

We have just received an approval for 2 storey extension of our house.

One of the council's conditions is to provide them the name of block and beam supplier. Why????

But,

Any recommendations please. We live in West Midlands, Birmingham.

Thank you

Planning conditions usually state why they have been imposed so check your grant.  However it would be very unusual for there to be a Planning Condition that only asks for the name of a supplier. I think that would probably be an unenforceable anyway. What is the exact wording of the condition? If you run into any problems getting a supplier approved come back for advice. Might be easy to get the condition lifted if there is one.

It's more likely that Building Control want the details and they may also want to see the beam sizes justified. Can all be done by the Beam and Block supplier if you send them a drawing.

That's from notice of conditional approval from Building Consultancy:

4. REGULATION 14 PART A
Structural details and calculations for the reinforced concrete
have not been deposited (For guidance see paragraph 1.5,
Section 1 of Approved Document A1/2).
- Beam & Block floor

That's from email from my architect:

I have received the conditional approval from the council. The outstanding conditions, which I will clear this week, are as follows.

1. Beam and block floor details are required. You will need to send these in when your builder has chosen a supplier for them

We provided structural calculations too.

Edited by anna

Hi,

Can highly recommend a company called Floorspan based in Wisbech. I've been dealing with a guy called Adam who has been very very helpful and unless things go really pear shaped, they'll definitely be getting my business

• Like 1

Thank you Vijay. They replied to me today.

Unfortunately on this occasion we must decline to tender.  The distance from our casting facility in Cambridgeshire to the site makes it hard for us to be competitive, and also presents us with logistical issues when it comes to managing and executing delivery.

Waiting for other quotes to come.

• 2 months later...
On 14/09/2016 at 13:29, anna said:

Hi

We have just received an approval for 2 storey extension of our house.

One of the council's conditions is to provide them the name of block and beam supplier. Why????

But,

Any recommendations please. We live in West Midlands, Birmingham.

Thank you

Hi,

Did you find a good supplier? I'll be looking for one early next year for Shropshire.

Thanks

Edited by Wrekin1
edit for grammar

• 1 month later...