Jump to content

SteamyTea

Members
  • Posts

    23983
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    203

Everything posted by SteamyTea

  1. That is the kind of thing I want to know.
  2. It suggests a CoP of 1. Cost me about half that on E7, storage heaters and an immersion heater.
  3. 703[£] / 2650 [kWh] = 26.5p/kWh Something does not seem right there.
  4. Why I hate the saying 'you can speed, quality or price'. Thinking about where to spend time and cash makes the quality easier.
  5. They could just pull the main fuse out. My anti theft devise is to be poor and have nothing worth taking. I live in a place where cars get dumped, not stolen.
  6. Can't you use a hygrometer (pyrex jug and digital scales)? Find out the density at the correct ratio and then compare your mix.
  7. They won't be engineers, just technicians with BTEC or C&G qualification. Look up the qualification and then ask around for people with the right certificate.
  8. The question needs to be how long it takes until smoke becomes a problem and how long until structural integrity fails. I suspect that most consumer products would fail a similar test. The Grenville Tower Enquiry Report has just been sent to the Crown Prosecution Service, with both company and individuals named. Be interesting to see how fast the CPS act. Took the 18 months to prosecute me over some so minor that I was not even fined.
  9. The investors will loose.
  10. That should be a warning about Axle. It won't, and some people are going to loose their cash.
  11. Are talking cash or capacity?
  12. Have you got a name for her then? I went sailing recently and hit a local reef, No Sense Atoll.
  13. Sounds a familiar story. Must the the microclimate that is unique https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/search/?q=zoothorn&quick=1
  14. We get quite a few abandoned boats down here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57232394
  15. Is it a boat you want to build, or a pond to float it in? One thing that has always crossed my mind is what costs are involved in owning a small bit of land i.e. land taxes, insurances, access permissions.
  16. In the oil industry, there is a distinction between Produce and Refine. I lived on a West Indian island that produced no petroleum products at all, but refined 335,000 barrel/day. In the past the USA used a lot of heating oil for domestic heating. This is not the case so much these days. https://www.costinspector.com/research/home-heating-fuel
  17. If I remember correctly, XPS retains less water and is used for areas that may get damp, so are used for foundations. The Building Regs has a bit about it.
  18. Getting some data from here: https://data.nordpoolgroup.com/auction/gb-half-hour/prices?deliveryDate=2026-09-19&currency=GBP&aggregation=DeliveryPeriod&deliveryAreas=UK Plotting Price and Volume, you get this. Not sure that increasing price has much to do with volume. (a lot more data point would be needed, but had a busy day and I am tired. The peak price was between 18:00 and 20:00, but the biggest draw was 07:00 to 08:00 and the price was negative) Delivery Period MWH £ 23:00 - 00:00 198.5 46.21 00:00 - 01:00 166.3 34.42 01:00 - 02:00 112.6 15.88 02:00 - 03:00 123.9 4 03:00 - 04:00 229.9 -1 04:00 - 05:00 323.1 -1.64 05:00 - 06:00 397.9 -1.64 06:00 - 07:00 377 -1.63 07:00 - 08:00 464.6 -1.66 08:00 - 09:00 274.5 3.3 09:00 - 10:00 112.3 4.43 10:00 - 11:00 154.6 3.1 11:00 - 12:00 210 -1.46 12:00 - 13:00 188.2 -1.24 13:00 - 14:00 173.7 -1.6 14:00 - 15:00 177.6 -0.09 15:00 - 16:00 86.6 4.32 16:00 - 17:00 124.1 9.35 17:00 - 18:00 349.7 65.1 18:00 - 19:00 152 106.32 19:00 - 20:00 156.4 106.8 20:00 - 21:00 191.2 96.82 21:00 - 22:00 151.9 86.04 22:00 - 23:00 109.2 62.56
  19. I can tell you what happens when abseiling goes wrong. I was abseiling, for the first time ever, near St. Just. The idea was to save a few minutes scrabbling down the 'long way around'. I had a new back pack on with the climbing gear inside. A few metres down, I heard a snap, and I was then hanging upside down. The buckle of my new back pack had come undone, the pack swivelled downwards, changing my centre of balance, leaving me head first about 50 metres above a granite slab. So what then happens. Vomit.
  20. Just coat the roof with this stuff. https://gbr.sika.com/en/distribution/roofing/roof-repair/everbuild-liquidroof.html
  21. How will the grid react if individual homes are responding to frequency/voltage variation. A million homes can increase, or decrease, consumption in a few minutes, even a small generator takes several minutes to react, a large one a few hours. Can you model a central control, using historical data, against a million independent agents 'doing their own thing'? Will there to too many limits on independent systems to make it worth while?
  22. Reducing the size of the window would lower the energy input into the room.
  23. SteamyTea

    Form factor

    I did this a while back, may, or may not, help.
  24. They have a population of 5.6million, so much easier to manage. They also lived with a huge political system threat next door for a couple of generations. Substitute Norway for Piddington and you may start to understand how a 'common enemy', can help any cause.
×
×
  • Create New...