Sharing floor plans for comments

Hi folks

As I've just joined this forum (though been browsing for a while) guess I should share what i'm up to for critique!

Getting close to submitting for building control and finding a builder, so not for making major changes, though all comments welcome.

Some background notes:

-There are great views to the south, west and north.

- The lounge/dinning area are in the north eat will have a vaulted ceiling

-The southern single storey area is an annex for a relative (whose house we are doing a replacement dwelling on). South and west views are a requirement for this .

-There will be some outbuildings to the east forming a courtyard type of entrance area

- Aiming for a high level of insulation, not quite passivhaus, but not too far from it (yes I am concerned about overheating, and how much the stoves will be lit...)

Floor plans 31052019.pdf

Re the stoves, the one in the large lounge at the north will probably be okay as it's a big area. But I would forget the ones in the small lounges. They are small rooms with no obvious place to open up to let the heat spread, and I expect it will very quickly overheat.

My other comment is why is the south wing at a funny angle?  looks like the sort of thing architects do to make it look creative, but it just complicates the build for no obvious benefit.

Thanks ProDave

Re your comment about the angle of the south wing, it's more to do with orientating it on the site regarding trees, view etc, rather than some arty architectural feature. I agree it complicates things, though how is the added complexity quantified into additional cost? This I have not yet been able to work out.

Agree with @ProDave wrt the stoves.  This also means no flue pipe in the master bed.  Perhaps move the door to the lounge in the annex down the corridor a bit.  Make all the upstairs bedrooms ensuite.  Make the ground floor fully wheelchair accessible including bathrooms.  Consider shower rooms where seats and grabs could be added.  The main utility is large. Consider a WC in there.