Iq glass

Pocster

1 minute ago, Ferdinand said:

So - doesn't fit in the z dimension.

I feel guilty now.

Not sure what you mean ? . Apparently double or triple fits in the same frame so is just a swap . Hard work some of these companies.

• 2 months later...

@pocster sorry to resurrect this thread but I've had a quick look at IQ Glass and I'm struggling to see from their website that they offer anything half-way decent! I've been sent technical data sheets and can't find a good performing inward opening window and no mention that I can see of triple glazing.

what windows did you order and how are you finding them? 

I think I need to visit their showroom to see what they have as it's not too far from us but, at the moment, I'm struggling to justify even that short journey. 

14 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

@pocster sorry to resurrect this thread but I've had a quick look at IQ Glass and I'm struggling to see from their website that they offer anything half-way decent! I've been sent technical data sheets and can't find a good performing inward opening window and no mention that I can see of triple glazing.

what windows did you order and how are you finding them? 

I think I need to visit their showroom to see what they have as it's not too far from us but, at the moment, I'm struggling to justify even that short journey. 

Hey 

Resurrect away ! ?

I had 2 big triple glazed sliders . 5 ‘normal’ triple glazed units . Had to chase a lot once ordered and there were some mistakes in units - too be fair they did sort them . I do suggest you visit the showroom- arrange a visit though . Take plans etc. I’m happy with what we have .

20 hours ago, pocster said:

Hey 

Resurrect away ! ?

I had 2 big triple glazed sliders . 5 ‘normal’ triple glazed units . Had to chase a lot once ordered and there were some mistakes in units - too be fair they did sort them . I do suggest you visit the showroom- arrange a visit though . Take plans etc. I’m happy with what we have .

it's good to know that they do triple glazed units! it's really not clear from the website nor the spec sheets I was sent. they sent me the Sieger Legacy, Sieger Slim Casement and Sieger Slim sliding spec sheets.

did you go for the Sieger range?

6 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

it's good to know that they do triple glazed units! it's really not clear from the website nor the spec sheets I was sent. they sent me the Sieger Legacy, Sieger Slim Casement and Sieger Slim sliding spec sheets.

did you go for the Sieger range?

I think I had a mix - because somethings couldn’t be done in certain ranges .

I’ll dig out the spec I had once at home .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pocster said:

I think I had a mix - because somethings couldn’t be done in certain ranges .

I’ll dig out the spec I had once at home .

I had

Sieger Slim® sliding door system - 20mm wide profile

5700mm wide x 2350mm high -Two track Sieger® XL sliding door system comprising of 2nr sliding panes (→←). Triple Glazed

1540mm wide x 2050mm high - Two track Sieger® Slim sliding door system comprising of 1nr sliding and 1nr fixed panes (F,←)

1540mm wide x 2050mm high - Schuco aluminium framed casement single door with fixed / top hung side light

Casement Windows

420mm wide x 950mm high - Sieger aluminium framed casement window arrangement comprising 1nr fixed pane with top hung pane above including standard ironmongery

1550mm wide x 1400mm high - Sieger aluminium framed 2nr side hung casement windows with fixed glass inbetween

• Like 1

Thanks @pocster. I really appreciate it. Now I know they come in triple glazing I’ll definitely book a showroom visit. We also have a double height entry hall with Windows front and back all the way up. I think IQ should be good for that structural glass type thing as well, at least their previous project photos show lots of that! 

17 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

Thanks @pocster. I really appreciate it. Now I know they come in triple glazing I’ll definitely book a showroom visit. We also have a double height entry hall with Windows front and back all the way up. I think IQ should be good for that structural glass type thing as well, at least their previous project photos show lots of that! 

Yeah; you'll be impressed with some of their stuff - I loved the front door they have!!