Advice for removing uPVC door and frame

Calvinmiddle

Anyone got any advice for removing an old uPVC door and frame with the view of getting it out in one piece to sell on eBay?

Know how the door lifts off the hinges and located 4 screws on each side, but it's rendered on the outside so will that have to come off to get the frame out?

here are a couple of pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

It will held in place by metal straps clipped onto the side. Probably 3/4 on each side and maybe 1 top and bottom depending how fussy the fitters where. The plaster on the inside will have to come off and you will see where the straps have been hilti nailed in place. Once you cut the straps with a grinder it will only be held with expanding foam and silicone. Should be able to slide a saw up between frame and revel and cut this out. Door should come out then.

Got the 4 screws on each side, can't find anything on top or bottom.

Slightly worried that both the render and plaster will need to come off to get the door out.

Cant remember if I told the brickie I wanted to save the door and frame, if I didn't would they just smash the frame out as opposed to take it out nicely

Concrete screws, sounds like. Torx head on them? Probably just in there on packers.....if you're lucky. Or been expanding foamed in if not.....

Get the door off, screws out and see if it's "live". Cut through any mastic and/or peel off.

Would removing render/finishes from the inside be an option?

Inside being replastered and outside rerendered, so I'm not bothered about the reveals.

Know they don't go for much but even if I get £10 for it it saves me having to cart it to the dump and buys me a few beers.

Will see what mood the guys are in tomorrow...

Oddly enough I've my mates old UPVC front door and frame to fit in place of my ropey old wooden back door.

There's always a pikey at hand to take your old tat. Must be the Irish tinker blood in me!

Edited by Onoff