Cheap Internet radio wanted. Raspbery Pi?

ProDave

36 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Have you updated and upgrades recently?

sudo apt-get update && upgrade

Probably a bad idea. Again, from the manual:

I tried to upgrade my installation with apt-get/pip and now I’m having issues. what should I do?

This is not supported (see above) and it’s not advisable unless you know what you are doing. If you
don’t know what you are doing then reinstall the latest version and then try to ask for support on the
forum where someone may be able and willing to help you.

Yes, if I look at the list of connected devices in my router, it shows the Pi still at 192.168.1.220

I have to go out shortly so will look at those log files later.  I will also plug in the tv and see if any error messages come up as it boots.

I haven't had chance to look at the log files yet.

but I have plugged the tv in to see what it is doing when it boots.

Lots of inode file errors at initial start, which it claims to fix and then restart.  Perhaps there is an issue with the memory card or file system?

Then right at the end, it tries to start playing Radio Caroline (my startup default) and says:

Mopidy startup complete, playing http://sc5.radiocaroline.net:8010

error: connection closed by the server

error: connection refused

Does that give any clues?

You could try wget on that URL to see what it gives. On my (Raspian) Pi I get:

$ wget -S http://sc5.radiocaroline.net:8010/
--2019-10-13 17:04:50--  http://sc5.radiocaroline.net:8010/
Resolving sc5.radiocaroline.net (sc5.radiocaroline.net)... 78.129.202.200
Connecting to sc5.radiocaroline.net (sc5.radiocaroline.net)|78.129.202.200|:8010... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a href="http://www.winamp.com">Winamp</a><BR>
  icy-notice2:SHOUTcast DNAS/win32 v2.5.5.733<BR>
  Accept-Ranges:none
  Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*
  Cache-Control:no-cache,no-store,must-revalidate,max-age=0
  Connection:close
  icy-name:Radio Caroline
  icy-genre:Classic Rock, Oldies
  icy-br:52
  icy-sr:22050
  icy-url:http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk
  icy-pub:1
  content-type:audio/aacp
  X-Clacks-Overhead:GNU Terry Pratchett
Length: unspecified [audio/aacp]
Saving to: ‘index.html’

index.html                   [                  <=>              ] 282.57K  22.5KB/s               ^C

Have to control-C to stop the download as it's streaming, presumably. I expect wget is already on the system but if not you can probably install it with:

apt-get install wget

Alternatively, you could try curl but you'll need to look at the man page to see how to get it to list the response headers.

Edited by Ed Davies
Be a bit more specific about the OS on my Pi

Here are the log files. renamed as .txt files as the forum won't accept .log

Some interesting errors relating to spotify (that I am not using)  and some warnings about cryptography deprication?

And some file errors scanning one of the local music files.  But that album that throws up all the errors, plays perfectly.

Any more ideas?

The Mopidy forum seems pretty useless

musicbox_startup.txt mopidy.log.txt

Does the UI let you disable the Spotify plug-in? I'm thinking to get rid of all the warnings for it just to be sure you're only left with the crypto deprecations, which I wouldn't worry about other than to look out for a new version of MusicBox being available.

Still, those read errors on some of the music files does point in the direction of the card being flaky.

I think my next step is the nuclear option of reformat and load a new image to the memory card and so start a fresh install.  I just need a bit of time to do it with a clear head so I don't mess it up.  I have backed up all the configuration files to make it easy to restore my settings.

Well that's a new disk image creates and re booted and all is now working.

Shame it took the nuclear option (and over an hour of copying files) to fix it.  I am sure just one thing was corrupted, but the mopidy forum proved very unhelpful.  Less response than a forum full of builders.

So I got this working by rebuilding the disk from scratch. That involves loading the supplied distribution disk image, letting it boot and configure itself which takes a while and several re boots. Then finally configuring all my user settings and copying my music.

On the assumption this is likely to happen again, I would like to make the rebuild process easier.

So what suggestions do the forum have for taking a disk image of exactly what I have, so it can be restored to an "installed and working" state.

I want to do this using standard linux (ubuntu) tools

Suggestions please?