possible amendment to planning application?

Kim

Hello All

So i have full planning permission to build a house on the side of mine (also being renovated) and build is now up. Builder pointed out that the front doors and bifolds on both properties in the planning drawings (attached) are white. I want anthracite. It states White UPVC windows but other than the visual drawings it is not stated what colour they would be only the specification required from Building regulation drawings.

I contacted the council to ask and they said put in a non-material amendment form to the original planning permission which means £234 plus £40 for architect to change document. Are they serious?

It is a council estate where everyone has what the hell type and colour doors they want. Would you just put the colour in that you want or pay and do all this work?

Couldn't they just be changed after everything was signed off anyway so why would they refuse if it is at the specification required in building regs. No grade listing and not in a conservation area. I really have to save money here and this just seems utterly nuts.

Your thoughts?

107_PL10_PROPOSED_ELEVS.PDF

He should have left "white" off the plan, or added "illustrative" in a reference to the plan, somewhere.

I can't see any easy way to be free with a single bound from what we have here - sorry.

As @Oz07, I would not expect them to enforce - though they might refuse to rubber stamp something.

F

Just to clarify, do you propose the windows to be white and only the front doors and the bifolds at the back to be anthracite?

Was there a condition in the planning consent that asked you to submit materials samples for approval?

If the answer is YES to the first and NO to the second I would just carry on and fit them as you suggest.

thanks all.

not changing the white UPVC windows - they will stay the same to match the existing house - this was the only colour stated in the planning documents.

no conditions in planning consent - no material samples submitted - just architect made everything white as standard.

I think i've decided to do it. I cant see how colour has any reflection on the build itself, i suppose i can paint them white if they get fussy. 

• Like 1