Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance SX - Any good?

Reaching the final straight, need to purchase the main MVHR unit. Was originally going to get an Adroit DV110 but the prices have rocketed, the Kinetic Advance SX looks a strong contender, however the limited reviews of the App on the Apple App Store do not seem very favourable...

A key feature for me is being able monitor and interact with the MVHR when away from the property, (new build is over 100 miles away from main house) I've seen the Adroit in the flesh and used the 'cloud' function and whilst clunky it does what I need.

Anyone actually got a Kinetic Advance SX, how are you getting on with it and the app? 

Interesting, the manufacturers seem to make much of the different scenes, maybe it is just marketing hype...

I was planning on leaving the system just idling whilst the property was empty, (which it will be most of the time as it is a holiday home)  then turning up to a normal level when occupied. I’ve been surprised by the level of solar gain in the last few days, so was thinking we might want to purge the warm air before arriving. Equally I could be barking up the wrong tree!

Edited by Jimbouk

I have no direct experience of this (currently living in an old granite barn), but as I understand it MVHR is not an efficient way to purge excess heat due to the relatively low volumes of air, which itself has a low specific heat capacity, being moved. 

It seems to me that the best way to manage this problem is to try to avoid it in the first place by having a building with a low decrement decay and effective shading (ideally external) of glazing that receives direct sum. If that proves to be inadequate some form of active cooling will be needed, @JSHarris has success with using his ASHP in cooling mode - maybe a remote control for that would be of most use. If you have Pv panels it would also have the benefit of using self-generated power as it is only likely to be a major problem when the sun is out!

Nick1c ,thanks. I recognise it may not be the most efficient way. However the house is built, has no PV or ASHP, it does have 2m roof overhang to the South West elevation, which works well in the Summer providing shade to the large amount of glass on that elevation.

i have some supposedly remote control fakro roof windows, when I open the patio doors and roof windows it dumps the hot air quickly. However the fabric of the building still takes a considerable while to cool. Having a real challenge getting the Fakro units to talk to any form of z-wave controller (smartthings or Vera),had hoped to be able to remotely open them before arrival (they have an automatic closure feature if they sense rain). Thus is partly causing my concern that I don’t end up with a mvhr that does not properly work remotely!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@LinearPancakesI’m embarrassed to admit they I still have not got around to buying one! So still deliberating….

I have been impressed in the current hot weather by how cool that house has been, one of the benefits appears that mvhr might negate the issue of mosquitos entering via open windows at night. Oh and that I need it to get building regs sign off ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...