Samsung ashp

What is the wall / floor / roof uValue and build up as that’s a big ASHP for a small building ..?

samsung are very good but the pricing can be a bit steep. You also get stung about £500 for the controller which you really need. 

Hot water too..??

I echo the above.  My house is larger than  that and working comfortably from a 5Kw ASHP.

I would want to see the SAP calculations to see what heat input it really wants before choosing the size of the heat pump.

I used a different strategy when picking make of heat pump .

after sales service and how close approved engineer

not expecting problems ,but you need it fixed in good time and by a man who knows the product 

price was secondary

"quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten "

The plan will hopefully go to original size 230 m2, plus upstairs "loft) of another 120 m2  so I used some calculation or other and it gave me a fairly big kw. But hey I really do know nothing and am learning all the time, I do realize that I cannot under size it for the build at any cost. I'm trying to cost everything for the mortgage company and isn't easy when I can't or haven't got the spec on everything I need. Steel roof beam for example, what load and so on. Does sometimes get a bit daunting on all the bits I need to know. Put something in front of me and I can build it, but ordering and knowing the parts ...hmmm

have you done heat calculations yet 

eg floor ,roof +wall insulation values etc

that will tell you what size you need 

as the other replies  are saying 

"fabric first " then heating system --

if you get fabric of building correct ,then heat requirement will be much lower

20 hours ago, nickw said:

The plan will hopefully go to original size 230 m2, plus upstairs "loft) of another 120 m2 

Assuming loft heated as rest. <5kW at 'passive' specification. 8 to 10kW at current building regs.