Sink Waste Options?

wozza

Hi All,

Looking for some advice.

Builder has started work on our extension today and has suggested that the Kitchen Sink Waste (Also the dishwasher and washing machine) could be piped through the wall and then into a Gully Trap which then is connected to the sewer inspection chamber a few meters away from the house - I am guessing that this is the easiest and cheapest option for the builder.

Are there options available so that I could do this internally as swmbo does not like the idea of external pipework - I know that we could have a soil vent pipe but it seems overkill for just the sink dishwasher and washing machine.

Any suggestions or alternatives.

Thanks, Wozza.

Just added the pic below - would this work - the gully trap would be external - the white pipe would then be internal for sink etc?

Drain.jpg

Edited by wozza

I also hate external pipes, mine is a new build and we have internal pipework to external gulley trap then sewer manhole as you suggest, more work than external but very possible and make sure you tell your builder what YOU want.

110mm drain in under the foundations, coming up against the outside wall under the sink, Reducer to 40mm and up to sink waste trap with washing machine point.

Probably won't even need an air admittance valve (ours does not)

Get a plumber to do it, not a builder.