Temperature Gauge

Onoff

Here I go again...

Due to the long pipework runs here at the mo hot water takes an age to arrive even with the pumped shower.

I quite fancy a blue LED water temperature gauge set high up on the wall of the mitre:

IMG_20181026_123528773.thumb.jpg.5e2501967449f88c28c3538da3c449bb.jpg

Ideally it'd be very subtle and set in a stainless, IP6* circular bezel. So far I've found this sort of thing. Of course it would only work for the rainfall head as I can't now access the wall outlet pipework:

t1.JPG.438b3d8d8a18ba8d681ef8aaf79597ab.JPG

t2.JPG.a3a59f2607b99d4a406994286c881175.JPG

It will look crap .....

sorry but you've made a cracking job so far, and cutting holes in it to put pointless tat into the tiles seems a waste of time and will spoil what you have done ..!

what is wrong with putting your hand under the water to see if it’s warm...??

• Like 1

With a thermostatic mixer (I have the same one) you don't even have to do that.  Turn it on, and it will be at the correct temperature, just like it was last time.

A thermostat will look carp, will probably go wrong at some point, and will become a "dare" to see who can withstand the hottest.

And it will delay the bathroom being finished.

17 minutes ago, ProDave said:

With a thermostatic mixer (I have the same one) you don't even have to do that.  Turn it on, and it will be at the correct temperature, just like it was last time.

A thermostat will look carp, will probably go wrong at some point, and will become a "dare" to see who can withstand the hottest.

And it will delay the bathroom being finished.

Here's a daft question. If you don't have enough "hot" to reach the preset max it just comes out cold?

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Yes. But SWMVO gets very hot and bothered if you run out of hot water.

She won’t need the water as hot if she’s hot and bothered. Thought you would have sussed that one ??

And @Onoff regardless of a gauge on the wall everyone will still use their hand to check the temperate before getting in. You’d be better off working out how long it takes to reach temperature and sounding a buzzer after x seconds. @ProDave could add a second buzzer to his shower that indicates ‘get out now or I’m switching the hot water off’ ?