vfrdave

Thinking of getting my garage floor done so I can get the doors on and lock the place.

What should my floor build up be?

100mm power floated concrete/100mm eps insulation? 

Is this ok for vehicles to drive on? Is there a particular EPs I should use for strength?

@Temp I will check but NI regs may be different. Saying that the garage has been built allowing for 100mm difference, though I could probably still do a level there should with house. Just means I would loose 100mm in the door height for cars.

Any further advice on the suitability of insulation in a garage floor, @Declan52 you are sure to be wise to these things. There was an engineer on the forum but I can't remember who it was. 

Any garage I ever seen just had normal pir floor insulation in place. They all have pretty high compressive strength.

The important part is making sure what's below has been well compacted so it's as solid as can be.

Same goes with putting mesh in. Have seen both with and without. If it was me I would put it in. 

If you have left enough for a step then just do it that way. 

You will need some sort of shutter to stop the main house floor spilling out. The inside of the garage will be plastered I assume so will be smooth up till the main house floor at the step. 

Your can then bring your tiles or wooden floor out till the end of the step and finish it with an edging that suits the floor type. All you will be left with will be a 100mm of wall at the step that you paint the same colour as the rest of the walls.

At the minute the threshold is only the height of the finished garage floor. Therefore this will leave me with 50mm of insulation and 50mm of cemfloor at that interface. Should I therefore get a small channel of floor poured 100mm deep at the door?