Boiling Tap

Novice

I would like to put a boiling tap in our new build, mainly to achieve hot and cold water in the kitchen but with only a cold feed - to reduce standing losses in pipework as will be a passive build. The cold feed will be straight from the mains, not going through the house water softener. I live in a really hard water area. I am currently thinking of using the ITHO boiling tap.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any other boiling tap? 

I believe @JSHarris has an ITHO - Would you buy it again?

What could I use under the sink to prevent scale in the boiler and also filter the drinking water (equivalent to a Brita filtered water) ?

Thanks

Edited by Novice
Added @JSharris following Nick advise

I believe you'd be better off asking them directly tbh, so as to be sure not to invalidate their warranty ;)  

FYI, if you @ ( hashtag ) a member they get a notification. Just type @ and the list of members can be sifted through by typing the first letters of their username. Thus JSH would appear as @JSHarris :)  He'll then get the prompt to respond. 

Brita filters are eye watering for cost ..! I've looked at inline ones from Wiltec.de as you can get a decent twin unit for about £25 and the replacement 5u and activated carbon block filters for less than £6 each. 

For scale removal your only choices are :

- house water softener

- Siliphos inline unit

- electromagnetic thingy....

One changes the water, the next binds to the calcium compounds, the third ... Well I dunno and some say they work and some say they are complete rubbish ..!

18 hours ago, Novice said:

I would like to put a boiling tap in our new build, mainly to achieve hot and cold water in the kitchen but with only a cold feed - to reduce standing losses in pipework as will be a passive build. The cold feed will be straight from the mains, not going through the house water softener. I live in a really hard water area. I am currently thinking of using the ITHO boiling tap.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any other boiling tap? 

I believe @JSHarris has an ITHO - Would you buy it again?

What could I use under the sink to prevent scale in the boiler and also filter the drinking water (equivalent to a Brita filtered water) ?

Thanks

This link will show you a very comprehensive discussion about water softeners http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/14536-plumbing-spec-boiler-water-softener-pipework/

This link will show you a very comprehensive discussion about Boiling Taps. http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/16171-hot-water-tap/page__pid__122839#entry122839

JSH boiling tap was this one:  Itho 590-9010 Dolce Boiling Water Hot Tap 3 in 1 Stainless Steel, £639.00

Boilers are crazy prices in UK. When ordering my bathroom stuff from megabad I added a Grohe Red for £320 (ex VAT and including 10% volume discount). Not yet installed so cannot comment on quality.