Finding General Labourers?

Hi all,

I have a few time consuming jobs around my refurb project which I could do with some help with, like humping and dumping a load of wood, garden waste, old logs etc. But I can't find anyone local who wouldn't mind helping out for a some cash. I don't really want a rubbish removal business as they cost a fortune - I've already got a van and most of it is free to dump locally - I just want someone who can help lift and shift.

Any ideas on where I can find these people who want some extra cash on a saturday?

Have you got a local facebook page for your locale I find ours very useful ....or go down the pub.......or just chatting to anyone passing by. I have my school holiday helper (been great so far) because I got chatting to his Mum who walks their dog past our house every day. I mentioned I could do with a bit of casual unskilled help and by the end of the day I was fixed up with teenage son and it is exactly what I need.

You could try the old fashioned card in the newsagents window or this site https://askyourneighbour.com/start.php

• Like 1

You need to just start networking 

my story this month. 

Had a chat with a lad doing some gardening next door to me as my garden is suffering since I started our build

he said he does a bit of fencing and landscaping so I had him for a day to sit on the dumper

3 weeks later he has agreed to work with me for 3 days a week for the next year

has stayed at our place and looked after the dog when we went away

ex army, tidy as can be, willing to do anything, never needs telling just gets on with it. 

If I hadn’t had a chat with the lad doing the gardening I wouldn’t have never found him

put yourself about a bit, get to know the local odd job guy. 

• Thanks 1