Beam Calculations

I’ve got a situation where the calculations for beams over three 2.4m wide openings have not been done, The architect stated on the drawings these would be designed by the metal web flooring people, they’ve said this is not part of their normal service and the SE says it wasn’t within his original remit, so not covered and would be extras, costing around £200.

Im sure I read recently that you can get beam calcs done online at a more reasonable cost? Can someone recommend someone suitable? Also what information is required?

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

metal web flooring

Sounds like a special floor so unless you realy understand the dynamic and static loads the floor, and any structures stood on it or close to the beams, will impose the £200 sounds like your best option - done and dusted! 

Edited by MikeSharp01
Typo

BC Asked if I had sent a copy of my floor design to the SE

I sent him the drawing and he didn’t like the lam joists so suggested replacing with steels 

He only charged about a £100 for the drawing and calcs 

No site visit needed

I had to pay £250 for steel calcs that both my builder and me thought were not needed but the BCO insisted. (We both thought the steels were not needed !!!). Hey ho, small price to pay for getting on with it.