Porcelain wood effect

nod

I tiled a floor about six months ago

Only about thirty mtrs The customer had already purchased the tiles and adhesive from Topps

Paying about 40% more than I do 

They rang to ask if I could replace three tiles as two were scratched and one had chipped 

The reason for my post is to warn in advance those that are choosing floor tiles These particular ones are Turkish and not great quality They easily scratch and chip

and £36 isn’t cheap

I get the Italian slats for between 22 and 30 all in and there is no comparison The glazing is far tougher and they are laser cut  

You can score them with a broken piece of tile without marking 

A good guide is that the glaze runs all the way down to the bottom of the tile preventing chipping 

I think that the shop price puts most off With most asking for 40 to 60 But with the volume most on here are using That can easily be cut down

I called into Topps for a bag of adhesive for the repairs as I didn’t want to risk using a different adhesive and grout 

They stung me for £17 

I never pay more than £10 inc vat For Larsen flexible white 

He said we don’t sell foreign rubbish I asked him where the tile slats where  from He didn’t know

I think that one went over his head

The best adhesive I’ve used is made about five miles from me 

At around a tenner 

your going to be be looking at the floor tiles for a long time 

So shop around

• Like 2

We are looking at this as an option.

We have been looking at CTD and they have several wood effect tiles ranging from £29 per metre (ceramic) to £60 per metre (porcelain) I haven't enquired where they are made but how can you tell looking at them which will last a long time and which won't?

I’ve an account at ctd The more exspensive ones are Italian Reall hard waring and great to cut 

The others although Turkish are from the largest Turkish factory 

Vitra But the print isn’t what the Italian ones are 

Roccia have the best of the Italian 

at £48 They will come down to £29 for volume 

and they are super flat and easy to lay 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

What do you call volume? This room is 34 square metres. I am guessing that won't get much discount?

Quite bit more than that 

But it well worth paying the exstra £300 As they will look as good in ten years time

We went to look at tiles for the first time today. The guy in the shop said exactly what @nod is saying, go for Italian or Spanish. He also said that if we place a large order we could expect a 35% discount and fitting would be between £30 - 38 psm for large 600 or 800mm porcelain tiles.