How best to protect this wood

Bitpipe

I’m about to put cills on the sliding doors - below this area is the entrance to the basement.

The doors sit on a buildup of timber sat on a corbel out from the basement wall.

The DPM runs under this timber strip and up the inside of the EPS on the basement wall exterior.

Some of the DPM was pinched under the edge of the door frame and some was loose.

Now I’m putting the cills on I want to treat the little bit of wood that is exposed - any suggestions on what best to use?

A2AFFAA7-2284-43F4-AFF9-8920A011CEBA.jpeg

I used Polyx Oil for patio door thresholds, but they were internal and I expect to redo them every few years. Any exposure will just be occasional or internal moisture.

The 5 Star sounds like a good call, but are there implications of not having done the all the wood first, and is it protected from water pontetially standing and soaking in? Exterior wood paint?

My inclination would be protect not waterproof so that any moisture can get out again, but ... but...

F

Edited by Ferdinand

If it's pressure treated wood not everything will stick to it - so I would use a exterior wood preserver. If its not pressure treated then something like Sadolins Extra (Extra not Classic).