I would love to live here

Stumbled across the plans for this development today (I have no association with the owners). A new little village inside the grounds of a traditional estate. I have never seen this quality of  architecture for a large-ish development.

I have attached the design statement for anyone that is interested.

fasque3.PNG.4f8414df2b5b41595b597133e416e4e6.PNG

fasque1.thumb.PNG.fbf429c3920a12ca60b901c40a0ae256.PNGfasque2.thumb.PNG.16e48e6d6f6bfe9c651f7f6b432dfa98.PNG

APP_2016_3282-APPROVED_-_FASQUE_HOUSE_ESTATE_DESIGN_AND_ACCESS_STATEMENT-7506275_(1).pdf

• Like 1

All interesting.

The style of presentation - and extended Design & Access - is not dissimilar to that now being used by boutique developers such as Kevin McCloud's HAB.

An interesting comparison might also be with Poundbury, which had some genuinely interesting things going on, and also with larger scale long term projects.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

All interesting.

The style of presentation - and extended Design & Access - is not dissimilar to that now being used by boutique developers such as Kevin McCloud's HAB.

An interesting comparison might also be with Poundbury, which had some genuinely interesting things going on, and also with larger scale long term projects.

Ferdinand

Yes, some of the houses reminded me of HAB

19 minutes ago, ultramods said:

Yes, some of the houses reminded me of HAB

There are others around too.

In Hucknall near here there is a mixed development happening on the old Rolls Royce Hucknall Aerodrome site where (I think) the Flying Bedstead was created. There they are leaving a space on the estate patterned on the old runway.

I am not sure on the quality of the detailed design, but it is 150 acres and 900 homes over perhaps 12-15 years. 

F

Edited by Ferdinand

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

1st pic doesn't do it for me. Like the 3rd pic though.

I love pic 1 although I don’t want a horse in my back yard ;) and I would want smart glass with all that glass and people walking by. In fact I’m not sure how living in a sort of fishbowl would work in a large-ish development sense ?

There are endless steading developments a bit like pic 3 up here so that looks pretty run of the mill. 

;)

1 hour ago, newhome said:

I love pic 1 although I don’t want a horse in my back yard ;) and I would want smart glass with all that glass and people walking by. In fact I’m not sure how living in a sort of fishbowl would work in a large-ish development sense ?

There are endless steading developments a bit like pic 3 up here so that looks pretty run of the mill. 

;)

I think those particular plots are 2 - 3 acres, so shouldn't have people passing too close by. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ultramods said:

I think those particular plots are 2 - 3 acres, so shouldn't have people passing too close by. 

Big bucks then! How much out of interest or are they only at the concept stage just now? 

• 3 weeks later...