Kitchen saga

nod

We have three kitchen designs on the go 

we went back to Nolte, one of the three German kitchens suppliers 

They were up to 21k similar to the others My wife told them that the end panels didn’t match the shadow line on the units and would like the onset plinth to run around the sides unlike the pictures attached 

Extra £600 x 3 I’d heard enough 

She also wanted more drawers 

deb5.jpg

deb4.jpg

deb3.jpg

deb1.jpg

deb4.jpg

• Like 1

@nod Can I ask why have you chosen Nolte over the other companies? And who were the other companies? We are currently looking at handless kitchens, we haven't seen Nolte. Current favourite is Pronorm Y Line.

I was really surprised today with one company the Matt grey colour we like only comes as on one of there basic laminated doors. I want lacquered, however they only do the lacquered grey in gloss.

Edited by ultramods

49 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Similar design and top of the range Alno excluding appliances and worktops cost me £12k+vat about 15 months ago

Appliances are down to six with the H water tap

47 minutes ago, ultramods said:

@nod Can I ask why have you chosen Nolte over the other companies? And who were the other companies? We are currently looking at handless kitchens, we haven't seen Nolte. Current favourite is Pronorm Y Line.

I was really surprised today with one company the Matt grey colour we like only comes as on one of there basic laminated doors. I want lacquered, however they only do the lacquered grey in gloss.

The others are Ballerina but the chap we were dealing with has left

pronorm  

the tall units are going to be gloss black now

10 hours ago, nod said:

The others are Ballerina but the chap we were dealing with has left

pronorm  

the tall units are going to be gloss black now

Nothing between the German companies in quality 

• Thanks 1

Well we are choosing our kitchen and come across o local company that makes them and they have a very good reputation, I told them I am building a dresser and farmhouse table ( eventually) and they offered to spray them to match the kitchen ?. Throughout the build we have used local tradespeople and been very impressed. We had a plan done by one of the big companies and they simply did not listen to our requirements and were quite indifferent.

35 minutes ago, joe90 said:

building a dresser and farmhouse table ( eventually) and they offered to spray them to match the kitchen

The paint will almost certainly be from a difference batch, and there will be some fading of the original, so best painted together.